Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL2+ For Business

R_
Grafter

ADSL2+ For Business

Hi
I was just hoping that someone at Plusnet could shed some light on there plans for ADSL2+ for business customers.  See I'm looking to change packages for a couple of sites that I look after but if Plusnet are going to introduce new packages for ADSL2+ within the next few months then I'll hold off for the time being.
Thanks
Rich
10 REPLIES 10
LiamM
Grafter

Re: ADSL2+ For Business

Hi Rich,
Plusnet recently introduced a pretty competitive set of new business products.  Don't know if you've seen them?  http://www.plus.net/business
Because this was quite recently, they focussed on getting residential ADSL2+ sorted first.  I think also partly because Business connections are arguably more critical so it gives Plusnet some time to allow ADSL2+ to bed in 'en masse'.
They have said they will be looking at ADSL2+ for business early next year though.  It's not available at my business' exchange just yet but I too am waiting to hear more!
Cheers,
Liam
Docrob
Grafter

I am confused by the different options rates and services. My exchange and my service has been migrated to the 21CN service, but I will not get the higher speeds as there are no business rates covering the up to 20MB service from plus net. I am currently paying £34.99 ex Vat for this service. However, I can go to BT and get up to 20MB and the same number of static addresses for £25 per month ex vat or am I missing something ?
grimme
Grafter

We also appear to have been migrated to the 21CN network as checking the gateway we're on is PCL-AG04, which is the 21CN gateway that was updated with more bandwidth on Monday 18th.
However, we've had no notifications of any migration sent to the e-mail address that our billing notification goes to, so maybe it's not the case and we're still on the normal connections.
R_
Grafter

Well my two business accounts are connecting  to pcl-ag01 and ptn-ag01 and my home pc which is on 21CN ADSL2+ connects to thn-ag2, so I don't know.  Chris Dixon (Plusnet) wrote an article on the community page at the beginning of the month about the Business Services Plusnet will be offering for the year ahead and there wasn't a single mention of ADSL2+ so I wouldn't expect anything soon and chances are that unless you live on top of the exchange you will see little difference anyway.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

We also appear to have been migrated to the 21CN network as checking the gateway we're on is PCL-AG04

PCL-AG04 is also used to terminate 20CN connections, your line isn't on 21CN.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Docrob
Grafter

I have just seen that I am now connected to pcl-ago4, whereas I was on 21cn via thn-ag2, does this mean that plus net are reverting back?
Tony_W
Grafter

It has been nearly a year since this topic was started, so I thought I would raise this again since there is still no sign of business adsl 2+.
Many business users are 'teleworkers' and their connections are also as a normal family broadband connection.
So how about it PlusNet - why not give us the option of moving to ADSL 2+?
Tony
Docrob
Grafter

Tony, I agree. My exchange has been updated to 21CN some 5 to 6 months ago. My connection has been stable at 7.4M for 2 years. I think Plusnet's reason of making sure that the up to 20M service is stable before rolling it out to business users is wearing thin.
Rob
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

We haven't yet moved business customers over to ADSL2+ on 21CN because the fault rate is higher. This is to be expected when considering the greater frequency range employed.
However, any business customer can be moved over, at their request. Please just raise a ticket.
Tony_W
Grafter

I have now moved over to ADSL2+. The process progressed smoothly and I am now getting twice the download speed that I had before - now 12000 Kbps with no errors :). I am quite close to the exchange (less than a kilometer as the crow flies).
I understand from posts elsewhere that the fault rate is about 4% (1 in 25). If you currently have a good, stable, high IP profile connection to a 21CN enabled, then you could certainly consider moving to ADSL2+.
Tony