cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL transfer BT Business to PlusNet Busines - complete loss of ADSL signal after five days

ceg

ADSL transfer BT Business to PlusNet Busines - complete loss of ADSL signal after five days

Whilst BT and PlusNet had difficulty in agreeing a "transfer date", we eventually got "disconnected" and "reconnected" (i.e. different username/password!) on the same day after making numerous phone calls. However, after four days of transferring one of our remote office lines (as a test) from BT Business to PlusNet we suddenly lost broadband service.

After the usual rounds of replacing filter, dsl cable and modem; there is nothing. Nowt. Zilch. DSL "modem" will not even attempt any activity.

My understanding is that both BT and PlusNet use BT Wholesale (WBC ADSL2+) service, so there should be no reason for Openreach engineers touching the ADSL line patching (i.e. disconnecting "old" BT business customers).

Is it coincidental (after the BT service has run for years without error) that this happens around the same time we transfer???

7 REPLIES 7
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: ADSL transfer BT Business to PlusNet Busines - complete loss of ADSL signal after five days

Is the DSL light on the Modem/router lit - ie the modem/router has sync but you have no service?

ceg

Re: ADSL transfer BT Business to PlusNet Busines - complete loss of ADSL signal after five days

No sync. 

Somebody's cut us off, or there's some cable fault I suspect.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Have you reported it as a fault via Chat or Phone?

ceg

Support are saying it could be up to 72 hours to fix!  Not impressed (especially as this was a trial before switching our other remote workers over).

Oh well, not wasting any more time on this...

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note.
Thread moved to a more appropriate board.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
ceg

After reporting the fault, some 48 hours later... somebody in Plusnet faults runs an actual line test and it shows that the circuit is disconnected; and the EXACT time when when a last successful connection had occurred.

Guess where the disconnection is?

Yep, you've guessed it - at the BT (Openreach) Telephone Exchange.

Apparently we need to wait another 48 hours until we hear back from the "the supplier" - i.e. Openreach.

Who was in the exchange at this time?

Was it done on purpose?

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Perhaps they are upgrading the exchange whilst downgrading your connection Roll_eyes Not funny is it!