cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

72 hours for an order to be placed?

jmcgarrigle
Grafter

72 hours for an order to be placed?

I'm currently trying to confirm the installation date for a new line as part of a premises move. I really need to be able to coordinate this with other works going on, but I'm being told by support that it'll be up to 72 hours before the order will even be picked up by provisioning?!
Really, remind me why I should be paying for a business grade product again? There's absolutely zero point in having 24 hour support that answers slightly quicker than residential if they have to hand off fairly standard requests like this to other departments, who then take an arbitrary time to action them.
-J
7 REPLIES 7
AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

Re: 72 hours for an order to be placed?

Ask for an "expedited move". It costs £100 or so extra, but might be worth it to your business. It took less than a week from me placing the phone call in our case. (phone lines already connected in new location).
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
jmcgarrigle
Grafter

Hi,
It's less the speed of the BT work, but more Plusnet actually placing the order and requesting an install date from BT!
-J
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Unfortunately you are seeing the same problem us domestic customers are seeing - I don't think that incompetence is the correct description rather totally inflexible systems where a fibre order fails as automatic and then just goes into some sort of queue
10:23am, Monday 22 Jun 2015
Engineer Appointment Required
Manual appointment booking is required following an account change.
2:57pm, Friday 26 Jun 2015
I have placed the FTTC order for you and provisionally requested the following appointment slots
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi jmcgarrigle,
Glad to see we placed your orders yesterday evening.
Any questions just give me a shout.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jmcgarrigle
Grafter

Hi Adam,
I'm now back in exactly the same position, but waiting for a FTTC order to be placed. The checker took 5 days to update from the day the line was installed, and is now finally showing the correct availability. I called this morning to try and progress the order, and was told the same as before... anything up to 48 hours to be picked up by provisioning.
We're now at a total of 4 weeks from when the original order for the NLI and FTTC was placed, and only just at the point of being able to progress to an FTTC appointment.. which I would imagine is going to add another couple of weeks to the whole saga.
I currently have an entire office attempting to operate via mobile broadband, and we're desperate to get fixed line internet working. Is there anything that can be done to speed this up?
Thanks.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

I'm going to flag it to our Business team to place the order.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

I've added the issue of dropped/cancelled orders to the UKTUG agenda of things to review across the ISP industry to see if there is a common thread.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.