cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

100 Business clients and Mark Kelly too busy for me.. Time to migrate?

rdowns
Grafter

100 Business clients and Mark Kelly too busy for me.. Time to migrate?

Having tried at some length to get any useful information and answers from PN regarding Fibre products for business from support staff, all I was able to establish was that a 2Mb upload was the only option on offer – even though information in these forums contradicts that.
Even after speaking to “David” the Sales team leader I could only get the standard off-page response that there is only a trial at present and there is no information about business products from PlusNet at present.
I asked who was responsible for this and was told it was up to Mark Kelly, the Business Services Manager, who I asked to speak to.
After FIVE days with no call or mail I raised a ticket:
“Still waiting for call back / contact from Mark Kelly since last Thursday. Was to be arranged by "David" Team leader in sales.
No one able to give any useful information re Business FTTC Trial and upload speeds. Only option at present to migrate this account and many business clients (see referral list) to alternate ISPs with proper Fibre products.
Please call on 01xxx xxxxxx urgently to discuss.”
Clearly from a business customer who is already unhappy with lack of any response from PN staff, I got the following dismissive reply:
“Firstly I am sorry you were expecting a call from Mark, I can see from discussing this with him that he was asked to call you from a member of our sales team however this was refused.”
I was already of the opinion that a migration away from PlusNet was a viable option for business customers such as myself and MANY clients given that PN has taken over a year to still have NO clue what businesses want from fibre products (I’ll give you a clue Mark, it’s a 40/10Mb version of the existing ADSL service – NOT rocket science)
Now, I find that the “Business Manager” is completely above even acknowledging requests from Business clients trying to promote PN to other BUSINESSES.
Have PN lost the plot – or should we note that the ONLY other ISP with a 2Mb only upload on their FTTC product range is TalkTalk!  Clearly this is the level of service PN are now seeing as their target market – cheap and not very cheerful.
Compare this to PN who are happy to continue charging business clients £41/month for a service the same as their current £25/mo business product without any attempt to notify them – and changing ties you to a 2 year contract.
So my question to the forum readership is:  “Is it time to find an ISP who IS on the ball and WANTS business customers, like the PN of old, and if so – what suggestions do we have suitable for migrating dozens of business clients over the next few months”
4 REPLIES 4
Gisyourfriend
Dabbler

Re: 100 Business clients and Mark Kelly too busy for me.. Time to migrate?

Hello,
Thanks for your time on the phone today; always good to chat to long standing, multi-referring Business customers Smiley
I'm really sorry that we've given such mixed messages around this upload/callback issue. As discussed, the response you received on your ticket was not ideal, primarily in two areas:
1) The Business Fibre trial does use the 10Mb upload facility, and this should be standard for all Business trialists.
2) Mark does not directly manage Business Sales, so quite why - and how - his name was dropped and this issue was escalated to him needs to be addressed internally. I'm sure you'll see from his prolific response rate on these forums that Marks customer focus is amongst the highest in the industry, never mind Plusnet. The ticket response was less than clear about the reasoning behind him specifically not being the person to discuss, and that too will be looked into.
I hope we've addressed the account issues fully today, and that once your local cab springs into Fibre life we'll be in a good place to get you onto the trial. Unfortunately we are not yet in a position to release details on our expected Business Fibre products, but we do fully recognise that a 10Mb upload speed option is extremely desirable. We can assure you that Fibre is definitely being worked on as a priority.
Once again, our apologies for the miscommunication - do let us know how the Fibre install comes along when the time comes.
rdowns
Grafter

Hi Gordon,
Just a quick note to echo my thanks you via the forum as well…
Thanks for your time and effort clarifying all the points I raised – and there were a few! – Obviously, asking front line support staff detailed questions regarding yet-to-be-released products and trials is not their most familiar territory and unfortunately in this case there was a little loss of clarity a first…
Anyway – thanks for an excellent response with good and clear information that has certainly reassured me regarding the current and near future plans from PlusNet who appear to be very much on the ball behind the scenes, even though future plans can take a frustratingly long time to surface for us end users and referrers while the details are thrashed out and tested.
Really looking forward to the Business FTTC trial now and so glad not to have to look at the tortuous process of dealing with other ISPs, starting from scratch as a new client.
So thanks again for a superb response and clearing up a number of issues very effectively – and to be honest rather better than I had expected, even from PlusNet.
Regards,
RDowns
jsanglier
Dabbler

Can I ask whether after the trials the business product will remain with the up to 10mb upload?
I have noticed with trials that they often revert to 2mb for people signing up when the product becomes live. 2mb is pointless for businesses who, like me for instance, frequently upload large files to FTP servers for clients. In fact, for many business users I would say that the upload speed was more important than the download speed. 40mb is nice, but probably wont get fully appreciated - the upload, on the other hand - invaluable!
This is the big difference between domestic and business use.
Gisyourfriend
Dabbler

@ jsanglier
There will be product options in the launch that will have the 10Mb upload option, but you will also have the option of retaining the current product you are using, with a provisioned 10Mb upload service, when Fibre is launched in full.
Hope that clarifies.