Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

yet another slow broadband post...

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: yet another slow broadband post...

Well, as I said - I tried to test the line and the systems advised that I was unable to as it belonged to a new provider. That also means we can't raise a fault on it for the same reason.
It's not that we don't want to fix it - we physically can't test the line or raise a fault on it. The ordering system shows the same - the asset is showing as ceased.
I'm just finding out if there's some way we can get a fault raised without being able to test the line now 😕
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Right, we've had an update - one of our faults team has called through and we've been told the tag should be updated tomorrow morning, which should mean we can actually test and raise the fault for you. We'll update you then.
helenmut

Dear Ms Murtagh,
Please accept my apologies for this ongoing fault. Our suppliers had updated the line to ceased when the order was placed to move your service to BT. This was incorrect and I have asked them to correct this which should be done by the morning. Once this is done I will be able to fully re-test the line.
Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://contactus.plus.net or by phone on 0800 432 0200 or 0345 140 0200 if we can be of further assistance.
Kind regards,
[mremoved]
[Sms Message: Please accept my apologies for this ongoing fault. Our suppliers had updated the line to ceased when the order was placed to move your service to BT. This was incorrect and I have asked them to correct this which should be done by the morning. Once this is done I will be able to fully re-test the line.]
Your Response
9:30am, Thursday 13 Jun 2013
The overnight correction does not appear to have changed anything as yet. download 0.32 upload 0.48. Thanks Helen
[mremoved] - CSC Analyst
2:59pm, Thursday 13 Jun 2013
[internal]
Still showing as ceased. Contacting E-chat.
Kind regards,
[mremoved]
Thoughly believe this is due to Plusnet not wanting to correct their error. Spoken to BT and received BT Paperwork - NOTHING being moved over UNTIL 9th July. BT have not made any changes at the exchange or as a cease order - I have been assured this by BT. Its very odd that I made a complaint about an analyst at Plusnet, and asked that he no longer contact me and to be passed to someone else, after several more contacts from him this happens and someone else takes over case but cannot make any changes due to the above. Sour Grapes??? Not from me Im afraid. Helen
jim:csa
helenmut

Sorry about the copy n paste name transferring I do not have any problem with that analyst - my error sorry. Helen
helenmut

All I can say though is nothing has changed re speed or connection that I can see. Still unusable and another day wasted, I did expect some form of conversation or update today but nothing another day charged and nothing resolved. Any ideas?

Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.
Download  Speed
0.34 Mbps

0 Mbps 0.5 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed
Download speedachieved during the test was - 0.34 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.05 Mbps-0.5 Mbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :5.82 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 0.35 Mbps
System Up Time 27:40:40
Port Status TxPkts RxPkts Collisions Tx B/s Rx B/s Up Time
WAN PPPoA 811449 1012667 0 1013 6615 27:39:57
LAN 10M/100M 200851 175929 0 669 324 27:40:33
WLAN 11M/54M 855915 674958 0 6352 879 27:40:25
ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 5824 kbps 448 kbps
Line Attenuation 43.0 db 21.5 db
Noise Margin 12.1 db 21.0 db
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi Helen,
My fault colleague Chris has your fault assigned to him personally and he will be dealing with this for you. Your line has a cease showing on it which had prevented us from being able to investigate your fault further.
Chris has contacted our suppliers to get a fault raised manually and he'll be providing you with an update as soon as he has one.