cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

yet another complaint about speed

gettingmad

yet another complaint about speed

Sad  I am yet another grumpy old git who finds that Plusnet can't seem to maintain their part of the contract. I am supposed to get 8mb speed but over the last few days I can barely reach 1mb usually about 600k  this did jump up to 5.6mb last night after I started to make a complaint, but as I didn't continue I'm back to 564k.
I can't use the BT speed tester as it always says that I am using the wrong login name WHICH I AM NOT.
I know there is no problem with my system, modem/router, or wiring. I live 300 metres from the exchange, and all the different modems I have tried sync at 6.2 to7.1mb.
I have had the same problem with Plusnet before, and then as now they always try to put the blame on someone else.
I have come to the conclusion that it's time to migrate for the winter Angry  BUT can I find anyone else who promises the earth and provides more than a small island. At least when I do move I can take the people that I recommended to Plusnet ( when they were good) with me.  Grin
4 REPLIES 4
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: yet another complaint about speed

Hi gettingmad,
Looking at your line profile on the account it's been hovering between 5.5 and 6mb for at least the last month... is it just recently that this has been happening, or has it been going on longer?
The last ticket on the account I can see is in August, so if you raise a new one and if possible provide some screenshots of speed test results (not the BT one necessarily but the one you've used to get your own results will be fine) then we can take a look and see if we can find a cause.
I'm sorry for the hassle,
gettingmad

thanks for the quick attention, I  have just done two speed tests one on plusnet 5.6mb and one on my own broadband logger 3.2mb It seems that I am suffering the same problems as others on this forum. I think to try to establish the exact problem I will monitor the speeds at various times of day for a few days. I have only noticed the problem over the last couple of days and haven't been able to establish whether it's time specific or random. I would point out that exactly the same thing happened just after you were taken over by BT and after a few complaints things gradually improved.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there,
As I've stated in another thread, we're looking to see what we can do to resolve this, I'll post back to the forums later when we've looked into this again.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

[iurl=http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,70503.0.html]Recent peak-time speed problems - Please read this![/iurl]
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)