cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

yes so my connection is all over the place

totalguy
Grafter

yes so my connection is all over the place

yesterday my connection went down and it definitely did because the router was totally down! i turned it off and on and it came back.
since this ive noticed my speeds have gone up so im getting an extra 100kbps approx more on max download speeds. the connection seems unreliable and theres big fluctuations in speed. sometimes mega slow other times its good. the red light bug keeps coming on and going away and earlier my computer said no internet access and i was still surfing and downloading for ages until it cleared.......usually first sign of a drop is page cannot be displayed, so this no access warning on my pc was a first with plusnet yet it was wrong.
can someone please tell me what the hell is going on with my connection ?
17 REPLIES 17
totalguy
Grafter

Re: yes so my connection is all over the place

i guess no one here works weekends then
wykehamhouse
Grafter

Correct.
dick:quote
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

You'll need to use one of the official support channels, either call or raise a ticket.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
totalguy
Grafter

great  Angry
totalguy
Grafter

well that was a waste of time "sorry its not a speed problem its a problem between your router and computer"
what a load of rubbish!
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Sorry to hear you didn't get the answer you wanted, is there anything we can help with?
totalguy
Grafter

no not really unless your a brick wall because id rather talk to one of those thanks
totalguy
Grafter

bt wholesale speed test

right so ive done bt wholesale speed tests over a few days various times of day, i spoke to you on the phone days ago and was told id need to do this and now i have so i believe you can see the results? or atleast thats what i was told on the phone days ago
i had mixed results from the tests.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderator's Note
Threads merged and superfluous posts removed.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi, what kind of results were you seeing? Just wondering what sort of variance there was, and what the speeds were like at different times of the day.
totalguy
Grafter

what does superfluous mean ?

speeds were 45-50% sometimes and them 100% and 90% at some times.
i was told that it would be seen by  plusnet what the results were on my account.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Superfluous means unnecessary pretty much - for example if you'd copy and pasted the same response into more than one thread, only one of those would be moved and the rest removed as they're not needed.
As for the test results, I did a check for them but couldn't see any I'm afraid, the test option to check results wasn't shown. I'll check again a bit later, though in all honesty we'd need a fault opening for our support team to check those for you and I'm not sure that there is one present - you've not actually described the issues you're having?
totalguy
Grafter

speeds randomly dropping low and high and sometimes pages cannot be displayed but apparently my connection never drops
AndyH
Grafter

Can you run this test http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/ (you need to click on Further Diagnostics / put in your phone number and click Run Diagnostic Test)? Please then post the results or screenshot here.
Also, make sure you are doing the test wired rather than wireless - if possible.