cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

www.plus.net page appearances

robertjohn
Grafter

www.plus.net page appearances

I am experiencing the periodic display of Plusnet's page at www.plus.net when browsing the internet.  It can appear when I have typed in a search word or phrase in Google, when I click on a search result, from an existing bookmark or when moving within a website.  It seems quite random.  I use Windows 8 on a desktop.  My browser is Google Chrome, which I have been using since last August.  I switched to Essentials Fibre Broadband from Essentials Broadband in January.  I am not aware that what I have described occurred before the switch but appreciate it could be a coincidence.  Technical Support has no knowledge of such an event and suggested I should change my browser.  However, my wife, using Safari on an iPad mini experiences the same phenomenon.
I should appreciate any thoughts or suggestions.
26 REPLIES 26
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: www.plus.net page appearances

Thanks for letting us know.
Would you be able to take a screenshot and be able to attach it to this thread so we can take a look?
robertjohn
Grafter

Chris
I thank you for your interest.
I am not sure what difference there might be in you looking at www.plus.net and any screenshot I might take when that web page appears of its own accord.  However, I shall be sure to make the screenshot and attach it to a reply the very next time it displays.
With regards
Bob
robertjohn
Grafter

Chris Pettitt
Interestingly, I have had no reappearance of the Plusnet page until this morning.  My most recent conversation with Technical Support before I posted ended with the person stating that he would 'reset the broadband component'.  I thought that had solved the issue, perhaps.  This morning, however, I had cause to switch off the router.  I had left my browser open at a page on which a 'Reload' message appeared when disconnected.  I clicked that button after reconnecting and Lo! and behold, the Plusnet page appeared and has appeared subsequently in something entirely unrelated.  I attach the file of the page as you requested.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for the screengrab.
For testing purposes, would you be able to clear your Cache and Cookies to see if the same thing happens again?
robertjohn
Grafter

Chris
I run Ccleaner every day and remove the following from Google Chrome's History almost every day, too:
Browsing history
Download history
Cookies and other site and plug-in data
Cached images and files
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Does this only happen when you reboot the router?
robertjohn
Grafter

Chris
I cannot answer that with any certainty.  I can only refer you to my earlier post.
robertjohn
Grafter

Chris
I had to power down and up my router today.  Numerous pages would not load and I saw an exclamation mark against the internet access symbol in the notification bar.  Clicking that showed 'limited' against 'PlusnetWireless36E17D'.  Now, browsing the internet, the Plusnet page has reappeared twice already - once, even, when moving within this community forum.  I guess the answer to your question in a previous post, then, is that shutting down and restarting my router does seem to prompt the Plusnet page to appear.
I should be grateful if you would investigate this further for me now.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've just sent you a replacement router just to see if this resolves the issue for you.
robertjohn
Grafter

Chris
Many thanks.
robertjohn
Grafter

Chris
I received the new router yesterday.  Plusnet home page has just appeared.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

What is your Home Page set up as?
robertjohn
Grafter

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I can't see anything from our side that is causing this.
The router is brand new and there are no redirects on our side.
Seems a little odd that you get the odd redirect.