cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

www.plus.net page appearances - again

robertjohn
Grafter

www.plus.net page appearances - again

I make no apologies for resurrecting my topic of the same title commenced 18/02/2014, in case anyone new viewing this topic can throw light on it or had the same experience.  I had cause yesterday to power off and on my Plusnet router because my wife's iPad mini could not receive email or connect to the internet.  Once reconnected, she experienced immediately the periodic display of Plusnet's page at www.plus.net when browsing the internet.  It can appear when she types in a search word or phrase in Google, when she clicks on a search result, from an existing bookmark or when moving within a website.  There were about eight such occurrences within a twenty minute period, three almost consecutively.  I have a very stable connection, so do not have to often power off the router.  I cannot recall, then, the last time the Plusnet home page appeared either on my Windows 8 PC or her iPad mini.  It seems, for the moment, the appearance is triggered by powering off and on the router, then subsides after a period of time.  So far, unlike previous occasions, my PC is unaffected.
4 REPLIES 4
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: www.plus.net page appearances - again

Hi there,
This sounds very odd, especially as it's only the one device affected. Is it definitely our homepage that's appearing and it's not a page saying 'technicolor gateway' or similar?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
robertjohn
Grafter

Chris
The iPad mini running Safari browser is the only device to be troubled on this occasion, so far.  In the past, however, my desktop PC and laptop both running Windows 8 with Comodo Dragon browsers and my wife's Nokia Windows 8 'phone suffered similarly.  Yesterday, certainly, the iPad mini displayed www.plus.net/ in the address bar in all cases; nothing related to Technicolor Gateway.  I created this new topic in the hope that I might just get further this time around.  The frequent appearances of the Plusnet home page are nothing more than irritations, usually.  There is just the odd occasion such as midway through booking or ordering online when it could have a serious impact.  However, we hope, as previously, the phenomenon fades away after a period of untroubled connection, and normal service is resumed!
PS  I have just this minute gone to https://portal.plus.net/index_portal.html on my Windows 8 PC, logged in and, having clicked 'View My Usage', the Plusnet home page appeared.  
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'm really struggling to understand this! I'd be less confused if it was either the 'update payment details page' or the 'technicolor gateway page' as we've seen both of these previously on these forums. However with is being the homepage, I'm drawing a blank.
Out of interest, is the plusnet website set as your browser homepage?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
robertjohn
Grafter

Chris
Remembering this phenomenon occurs on several devices, the Plusnet website is not the homepage of any one of them.