Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

@ with attachment tagged as Spam

Dev
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

@ with attachment tagged as Spam

Mails from my account with Word and excel attachment  send to another username on my account are being tagged as Spam. Surely PN can recognise the mail as being sent from a PN account and IP and not from Russia, Nigeria etc. I have forwarded these tagged ones to despamchecker with no avail.
2 REPLIES 2
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Re: @ with attachment tagged as Spam

Hi,
Is it just mails with attachments that are being marked as spam or are mails without attachments affected as well? Also is there any connection with the subject line or name of the attachment. There's a lot of spam starting to go round with XLS and PDF attachments in particular that contain the spam message and the actual email is otherwise blank or a single word subject.
I'd suggest raising a ticket with a couple of examples if they are still coming through and we can try and see what's causing them to be marked.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
Dev
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: @ with attachment tagged as Spam

Its just mails with xls and word attachments with a few words as message.I'll try changing the subject and adding more words as message to see if that helps. I've received some spam with pdf attachments which seems to be the new strategy of the spammers. Thanks a lot.