cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wireless g usb print server

alison23

wireless g usb print server

I cannot get my HP 2101nw Wireless G USB Print Server  to communicate (see it). I have the printer installed and the software however I get the message "cannot find the print server on the wireless network from this machine" after installing as per instruction book. All was working fine with my previous internet provider, it is only since installing the new router. All is working wirelessly with 2 other computers, 1 laptop and two mobile phones.
5 REPLIES 5
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: wireless g usb print server

It sounds rather old.  Can it cope with WPA/WPA2 security?  Or is it simply just still looking for your old router?
alison23

Hi, thanks for that,  apparently Plusnet does not support WPA2 security, I have tried it with security disabled but still does not work, if it is looking for my old router do you know how I can change it to not look for it and then hopefully it will find my new one?
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro

The current Plusnet-supplied router uses WPA2 security unless you set it to be different. So I don't know how you came by the idea that they do not 'support' it.
Your print server will look for your old router and only your old router until you ask it to do otherwise.  If you cannot remember how you set it up originally then you need to either uninstall it and start again by re-running the installation software or consult the manual for instructions.
mushy
Grafter

Quote from: alison23
All is working wirelessly with 2 other computers, 1 laptop and two mobile phones.

As it is working with all your other items we take it is is going to be something with the setup on your laptop or computer.
What version of windows are you using and can you connect and work ok if the you connect direct to the HP 2101nw with the micro usb cable ?
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro

Instruction here http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01471139.pdf if you cannot find your own copy.