cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wireless from Voyager 205 ADSL Router

kenny
Grafter

wireless from Voyager 205 ADSL Router

I have a Voyager 205 ADSL Router (the package I got when I first signed up with Force9 (PlusNet) I use the Ethernet connection from this to a Dynamode 5 Port 10/100 Switch. (This is a a full Ethernet 10/100 Pocket Sized Switch with 5-Ports). I`ve got this wired into my main PC and also to a laptop also sometime to a 2nd laptop all via Ethernet  . This works great. I`m thinking of using the wireless side of my laptop downstairs to go on the net. What's my best/cheapest option so I can still use Ethernet connections upstairs to my main PC and laptops but with the option of going wireless downstairs around my house.
Do I have to buy a full new wireless  router or is there a better way?
                            Thanks
                                Ken
2 REPLIES 2
chillypenguin
Grafter

Re: wireless from Voyager 205 ADSL Router

In theory you just need an wireless Access Point,  but in practice you will find that a wireless ADSL Router (ADSL modem + Router + switch + Access point) is cheaper. If you wish to remain with Plusnet for the next 12 months they may even send you one for free.
kenny
Grafter

Re: wireless from Voyager 205 ADSL Router

Quote from: chillypenguin
In theory you just need an wireless Access Point,  but in practice you will find that a wireless ADSL Router (ADSL modem + Router + switch + Access point) is cheaper. If you wish to remain with Plusnet for the next 12 months they may even send you one for free.

never thought about a free one yes might ask them, I`m on the Home Phone Anytime+ package as well so might ask about it.