cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

will i get my Fibre install today ?

waynem
Grafter

will i get my Fibre install today ?

As in the title  ...am sat at home waiting for the BT engineer to come and install my Fibre ... is this going to happen Huh
answers on a post card  Smiley
7 REPLIES 7
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: will i get my Fibre install today ?

Hi,
Everything booked in for you.
Keep us updated on how you get on.
Chris
waynem
Grafter

Hi chris
well bt engineer has been an gone ... i can only currently log on to plusnet website an here ... when i get the screen for putting user name an password i get unknown error  etc so dont have internet access ???? the engineer mentioned something about VDSL loop still on ????  an then left ! 
Help me please
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It's showing that your connected from here, power down your router and modem and leave it for a couple of minutes. Power your modem back on and wait for the DSL light to become stable then power on your router and do a factory reset, leave that for a few minutes and see if there's any difference.
waynem
Grafter

Hi Chris
well its up an running , but speeds and latency / ping are all over then place , is there still like a training period etc ?
cheers
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Your speeds can fluctuate over the first few days so it's always good to wait and see how it pans out.
Let me know how it goes.
Bright
Grafter

Quote from: waynem
well its up an running , but speeds and latency / ping are all over then place , is there still like a training period etc ?

On FTTC the DLM system should intervene after 24 hours to try and stabilise the line performance, so hopefully things should settle down later today. It's worth keeping an eye on your BT IP profile, as this is your only real indication of the speed the line has sync-ed at, and hence what throughput you should be able to achieve (a bit less than the IP profile, to allow for protocol overheads).
You can check your IP profile by using the BTW speed tester - complete the first stage, click Further Diagnostics and you should then see your IP profile after the second stage tests.
waynem
Grafter

Thanks Chris  an Bright
i,ll monitor it an see how things go 
cheers