cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

will i be automatically switched to adsl2?

severedsolo
Grafter

will i be automatically switched to adsl2?

Just wondering, my bt is being 21cn enabled next week, as i am on plusnet premium will i automatically be switched to adsl2+ or is it something i will need to request? Its a bt wholesale exchange if it helps
17 REPLIES 17
Addnan
Grafter

Re: will i be automatically switched to adsl2?

You won't automatically be put on ADSL 2+, but I'm sure as soon as a staff sees this thread they will ask if you want to go on it.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

If you give us a nudge once your exchange has been upgraded, we'll happily move you over if you like.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
severedsolo
Grafter

thank you very much chris i will do that, i'm not really expecting to see much me a boost, maybe a meg if i'm lucky but you know what they say, every little helps
severedsolo
Grafter

well today is the day! by the time anyone official reads this in the morning i should be WBC enabled! according to samknows anyway, the date was set as 31/3/2010 and it hasnt changed, i notice my internet has been all over the place tonight speed wise (i dont think its contention as its going from 2Mb-4.5Mb and its only a little exchange, even on busy nights it never drops below 3Mb) so im assuming that their doing it now,
so when you guys get round to reading this can you switch me over please! shall i expect any downtime?
scootie
Grafter

severedsolo
Grafter

thats a good point... presumably those who havent had outages but would be routed through that centre are being routed elsewhere and putting further strain on parts of the network which would normally be unaffected? maybe their not upgrading it then... i really hope they are... while the download improvement may not be anything to write home about i would love to see some more upload goodness, iv got 18Db of noise margin which is sitting there doing nothing!
nittygritty
Grafter

hi chris , just had a quick look on samknows and it says it should have gone live on 31st march, (yesterday) can you update my line to adsl 2 please
severedsolo
Grafter

chris, or anyone else who reads this, just spoken to the CSC and was told its not showing up on the system yet, was advised to call back about the 10th as it wont come into effect until the billing date anyway, sorry to waste your time
severedsolo
Grafter

can someone please take a look and see if my exchange is showing as ADSL2+ yet? would be nice to get a switchover if possible
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Use http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/ to find your exchange code, then search for that code on this page: http://community.plus.net/21cn-exchange-availability/
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
severedsolo
Grafter

hmm... its not on the list, and according to the PN exchange checker there are "no plans to upgrade this exchange to WBC on 21CN" but samknows says it should have been done on the 31st, which one do i believe?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

PN - BT issued some plans about a year back and then rescheduled - I don't think SamKnows managed to re-adjust.
Dave's post on the blog is direct from BT.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
severedsolo
Grafter

*says a bad word* ok thanks jelv, guess ill have to wait
paulpicks21
Grafter

For ages mine was set for 31/3/10 , I was looking forward to it , then about a month before they removed the date.
Now there is no date anywhere for my exchange so pretty gutted about that.
Mind you I guess I am one of the lucky ones to live fairly close to my exchange and get a speed of 6.6 meg so its not all bad.
My dad lives in a little village 4.5km from his exchange and gets less than a meg  Embarrassed