cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wifi problem

petersbakery

wifi problem

I have a brilliant connection downstairs on laptop..iphone and ipad ...but as soon as I go upstairs my ipad wont connect...but the laptop and iphone do !!! can anyone help  Grin
2 REPLIES 2
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: wifi problem

Hi Peter,
A warm welcome to the forums.  Ipads seem to be rather sensitive to wifi variances.  Though I have good reception throughout my house, there is just one point where the iPad has quite variable performance.  Turning it 90 degrees can take it off the network.
You could try turning your router through 90 degrees and see if that helps.  Otherwise it will be a matter of looking at a change to or additional technology.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Blake
Grafter

Re: wifi problem

You could try experimenting with different wireless channels but given the nature of the problem being the ipad itself,  it may require you to have a wireless extender so that the signal is even stronger upstairs and hopefully satisfy the Ipad that way but unfortunately neither of the above can truly guarantee it will do the job,  guess it depends how much fond you are of the Ipad as to what the best action is to take.