cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wifi/ethernet problems

jakeblues1982

wifi/ethernet problems

Hi all, I've just bought an extension for my phone line so I can have my router under tv so I can connect tv, Xbox and Android box via Ethernet. Having done this, my WiFi will now not work while my ethernets are connected. Disconnect them and its all good again.
Any help would be great!
3 REPLIES 3
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: wifi/ethernet problems

Hi, Using a long telephone extension lead to connect a router is, in general, not a good idea. The cable is usually poor quality and can introduce noise with may mean that your Inertnet connection speed is reduced, but if it works for you then fine!.
Having said that, it shouldn't affect wifi.
Having done this, my WiFi will now not work while my ethernets are connected
What doesn't work on wifi ? tv , xbox, android or another pc ? is the wifi light on/flashing on the router ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jakeblues1982

Nothing works via WiFi when router is plugged in. It just comes up with the plusnet service login.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

It just comes up with the plusnet service login.
I'm not quite sure what you mean by that ? do you mean the Internet is disconnected and it's asking you to reenter the login details ? perhaps best to post a screenshot.
I assume you have the PlusNet supplied Technicolor router ?
You aren't on a Fibre connection are you and are plugging a device into the RED port ?
OR assuming it's not Fibre. Is the Broadband light lit on the router ?  You haven't  connected the extension cable to the master socket via a filter have you ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.