cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

whats going on with the Terrible latency????

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: whats going on with the Terrible latency????

No problems. Testing your line is detecting an external fault which is possibly the cause of the latency issues. I've reported this through to Openreach and we've been given an estimated response time of by the close of play tomorrow.

Let us know how things go.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
thebigyin
Grafter

update:

openreach engineer has been here for the past 4 hours no phone or internet since then (am using my backup mifi) I asked him (on the fly) about connecting me or my line so i could get FTTC and he said there is no reason why i cant get it. My line is EO line and just earlier this month i asked to get upgraded to FTTC and was told that i cant as am EO line...... but there has been a secondary cabinet installed to my exchange to allow EO lines to get FTTC!!!. I have now called and asked to get this escalated as I should have been upgraded by now as to why this not been done..... or should i say..... been told it cant be done done Huh 

anyway will let you know what happens 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I can see the fault report is still assigned to an engineer, let us know how it goes by tomorrow.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

How close to the Exchange are you? How long since the secondary cabinet was installed? If can take a while for lines to be re-provisioned. A new cabinet was installed near my location for some EO lines and it appears 3 - 4 months is the time frame for it to be active.

If you're near then you have a chance. If you're a distance away then the new cabinet will make no difference.

Brian

thebigyin
Grafter

bmc am about 300 meters from the exchange and the new cab has been there for over 3 months

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Line length is...

DN Line Length Estimate: 228 Metres

It looks like our business team have replaced the fibre order with our suppliers about half an hour ago. They'll keep you updated via this ticket

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
thebigyin
Grafter

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Looks like your fibre order is underway, sorry that it took longer than you initially expected!

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
thebigyin
Grafter

oh well it was looking good but now pings are back up in the 2000ms again maybe averaging around 1140ms so i guess i still have an issue

Ping statistics for 212.159.9.2:
Packets: Sent = 455, Received = 455, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 26ms, Maximum = 3269ms, Average = 1166ms

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Checking your line at that point shows there was very little download, however you were completely maxing the upload of the connection between 8pm and 9pm (just before the post), that will cause latency like you've seen.

Hopefully fibre will alleviate this for you.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
thebigyin
Grafter

thebigyin
Grafter

any chance someone can reset my line so I can hopefully re sync at a better speed (mainly upload)??? 

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

What are the current DSL stats? There didn't appear to be anything much that could be improved by being reset from the previous stats posted.

thebigyin
Grafter

Link Rate 14119 Kbps 783 Kbps
Line Attenuation 7.5 dB 3.0 dB
Noise Margin 3.1 dB 5.8 dB

I should be syncing at higher speeds than that. My upload should be closer to 1MB and download should be 17MB just like it used to be.

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Those stats don't show whether interleaving is on or off, if it's on the upstream, you'd probably get a small increase in upstream bandwidth by switching it off.