cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what package to upgrade to

suel

what package to upgrade to

I currently have Premier option 1 - my Son uses it mainly for gaming and downloading music etc. and is using the allowance very quickly - what does anyone suggest would be the best option to go for.  Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: what package to upgrade to

Get him to do his downloads off-peak which in your case is between midnight and 4pm. The is no limit for off-peak usage.
Changing to the equivalent new BBYW option 3 probably won't help as that packages off-peak time is only midnight to 8am. It does though only put on restrictions when you reach 20GB whereas your current one starts getting restricted at 13GB. The new one does allow you to purchase additional alowances though which may be an option.
You could pay a bit more and get a higher allowance on BBYW option 4 (30GB) but I would really look at changing the usage patterns on your current package.
suel

Hi, He does mostly download overnight and still manages to go over the usage, but also plays during the evening - the restrictions and speeds are also annoying him. He is trying to get me to change providers, but I don't think that would be the answer as I think they all have a fair usage policy.
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Are you always exceeding the 20GB limit or is it the restrictions after 13GB that are being hit?

Maybe BBYW option 3 would be worth a try if it is mainly evening traffic that causes the limits to be reached - although he must be downloading a lot between 4pm and midnight!
Also with BBYW, you can purchase additional peak-time allowance, so maybe if he exceeds the allowance, he can pay for more.