Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

well do you proud what a joke

Finnigan
Grafter

well do you proud what a joke

hi
ive had no internet since weds eve @8.5
no notification from p/net tried to phone them no reply so phoned them on thurs 20th was givin the run sround all then was told that hot vp was not fixed on the 18th march so was told by a very unplesdent csr that i willhave no internet until this hot vp is fixed can take upto 72 hours what joke not happy with this at all esp being dced withour notifacatin...finnigan
36 REPLIES 36
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: well do you proud what a joke

Hi Finnigan,
I'm really sorry to hear about this especially if we haven't handled it well.
Having checked I can see a "lift and shift" is being done as well as a precaution so I'm happy our suppliers are doing everything possible.
We should have an update about this on Monday for you.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Finnigan
Grafter

WOW no internet till monday or is that another estimate almost 5 days with no internet and yous have no idea if it willbe fixed then either really what joke was told this would only take 3 days to complete ...really no happy with this .finnigan
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

...really no happy with this .finnigan

I can tell, I'm really sorry.
Just to be clear a lift and shift takes up to 3 working days to complete.
This was agreed to by our suppliers yesterday hence it being due to complete by Monday
Sorry again if this wasn't made clear previously.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Finnigan
Grafter

the thing is this hot vp was supposed to be done on tuesday and finished on thurs or fri as i was asked when would be the best time and we slotted tues but that never happend so was told by csr i would be notified first but that never happend either why ask  ai customer and then do the oppisite
AndyH
Grafter

It's really hard to read what you write when you don't use punctuation.
deathtrap
Grafter

http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php?topic=2573.0 Refers to a lift & shift at the exchange , I think _Adam walker_ may of meant that it will take 3 days before the BT or engineer will  actually start to carry out that task, as the actual  lift and shift should not take more than 2hrs,
Could you imagine what it would cost if it actually took an engineer 3 days  to do this fairly routine job?
Finnigan
Grafter

hi deathtrap  if it only takes 2h why have we no internet from weds eve any one from plusnet want to tell me why if that is the case ???? why disconnect a customer for three and a half days when you only need them to be disconneted on the day the lift and shift is taking place what farce this is ...finnigan
TORPC
Grafter

I think what _Adam_Walker_ & deathtrap are trying to say
It takes approx 3 days before the BT engineer will get the Job Ticket to start the work (Due to excessive work-flow & still playing catchup from mother natures destructive ways this past winter)
Then
When the engineer is on site the actual job in this case (a lift & shift) should take no more than 2 Hrs if all goes to plan
Finnigan
Grafter

hi Torpc
    thanks for your input, still does not warrent the fact that i ve had no internet since wedensday evening and if what u say is correct why disconnect me the "customer"4 and half days before the job is due to start which will be monday geez anyone from p/net want to reply...finnigan
TORPC
Grafter

You are welcome
From what I gather
I would not of thought that PN disconnected you at all
I think that the problem that relates to the reason that the lift & shift has been ordered is the root cause of your disconnection
The only way I could see any ISP deliberately disconnecting their customer(s) is if they have not paid their bill (which is not related to your issue)
Finnigan
Grafter

hi Torpc
    the issue ive got with my internet is a hot virtual path in other words congestion on that part of the exchange still wouldnt warrent me having no internet till monday as all that was happening was slow downs in the evening to warrent me having no internet till monday for a job that only takes 2hours anyone from p/net want to reply...finnigan
TORPC
Grafter

Hi finnigan
I am aware what the HVP is & since PN was told by their supplier that it will take 3 working days to complete, there is nothing further PN can do atm, as it is now in the hands of the supplier to complete the Job
Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
<snip>
Just to be clear a lift and shift takes up to 3 working days to complete.
<snip>

Think of it like taking your car for a MOT & you get told they will not pass the car until the car is fixed, you then have to arrange to see a mechanic that tells you they can order the part however it will take 3 working days to get to them, before they can get your car suitably repaired to pass the MOT.
As frustrating as it is Unless BTOpenreach completes or fails to do the Job on Monday PN are unable to do any more at this stage
deathtrap
Grafter

Plusnet can only place an order with BT Openreach ,the same as any other isp's , It once took some 10 days from reporting loss of my voice service until an engineer  fixed it, I think bt openreach do have to work within  some sort of  time-frame  for repairing faults,  also there is an option for the service provider to  get it expedited but this would cost more presumably, but as a residential customer  this is not something they would normally do, because they don't charge you for this enhanced service ,
I'm quite sure that plusnet will be happy to credit you for the time that you are without service though, As to why  your service stopped working  i have no idea, but could it be the  fault  that BT openreach are going to repair  that's the underlying cause ?
Finnigan
Grafter

hi deathtrap
    thanks for your input but if that was the case they would have or should have told me if there was more than one fault with myinternet service all this was supposed to be done on the 18th march but bt engineer could not complete the task so p/net phoned on wednesday 19th to tell this and they did not have another date for the job but would let me know when do and yous know the rest still does not warrent me having no internet until this job is finished/started on monday...finnigan