cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wd mynet 750

albinocory
Grafter

wd mynet 750

hi just wondering if anyone else uses this router and has a problem with it not showing the correct upload speed, also while watching iplayer it will buffer every so often more so when our daughter is watching cartoons?
thanks
3 REPLIES 3
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: wd mynet 750

Hi there,
I've adjusted your profile on our side to match that set on BTs, which will help with the buffering (it means that our traffic management can operate properly). Aside from that, I'm afraid I can't really help with the router - though please do let us know if the profile change hasn't made any difference.
Bjn
Grafter

Quote from: albinocory
this router and has a problem with it not showing the correct upload speed, also while watching iplayer it will buffer every so often more so when our daughter is watching cartoons?

If you mean as correct upload speed in fast-track QOS settings you can select to input your upload speed manually in the QOS settings by changing from auto to user defined and then entering your upload speed or choose from a selection of speeds in the dropdown box. remember to save settings and you'll be presented with a message saying you need to reboot for changes to take effect. Other option is to turn off the routers fast-track QOS as Plusnet also do it at their end for you. I've turned QOS off and mine works fine on unlimited fibre with any streaming video on wire connections and WiFi. Maybe if your using WiFi your equipment is to far from the router or other WiFi related problems and this could cause buffering.
take a look at this thread some other info related to this router
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,116371.0.html
albinocory
Grafter

thanks matt and it works fine now
and thanks Bjn tried ll that then got intouch with WD and it seems that there is problem been sent back new one here now working fine at mo