cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

very slow

killiedel
Dabbler

very slow

Hi, i am on PAYG and my speedtest has now dropped to 730kbps. I am paying £38 a month to plusnet for phone and broadband and to say i am not pleased would be an understatement.
I know i can not get superfast speeds because of how far from the exchange i am, but i used to connect at 2.5mbps, but it has been getting worse and worse.
If sky had their broadband enabled in my exchange i would have jumped ship a long time ago.
1 REPLY 1
James
Grafter

Re: very slow

Hi there,
Sorry to hear about your slow speeds.  It seems to be a problem across the board with all ISPs currently, not helped by the fact that IPStream Max is hardly the most straightforward product in the world.  Why not have a read of link:speed in the meantime?
I've had a look at your line and recently, you have been getting profiled at between 1000Kbps and 1500Kbps in line with your connection speed (currently ~1700Kbps) which  should just about be able to shunt you upto a 1500Kbps profile.
There are some things that you can do to improve your connection speeds though.  You can try replacing your microfilters or even better, go for an ADSLNation Faceplate which you can attach to your master socket and then plug your router into that.  This can improve the signal that you are receiving and subsequently lead to improved speeds.