cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

very slow after 4pm

moomoo

very slow after 4pm

I'm not very techno so please bare with me. My broadband seems to drop after 4pm as if a switch is clicked. My daughter can be on an online game on her laptop, I could be watching iplayer or streaming from lovefilm and suddenly everything stops working and buffers and we cant watch or play again until nearly midnight. This can't be right. Theres not much point to having the internet if we can't use it at the times we want to and the times we're at home. Can anyone explain in easy terms what I can do to correct this or whether I have to call and speak to someone. Thanks in advance
4 REPLIES 4
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: very slow after 4pm

Hi there,
You're still on a very old package (Broadband Plus) and have used over 10GB during peak times, so your connection is slowed down between 4pm and midnight and will be until your next billing date when usage resets - that'll be on the 3rd of May. I'd strongly recommend logging in to our website and upgrading to one of the newer packages, probably Unlimited given your current usage (the Essentials package comes with 10GB of usage during peak, but the peak hours have changed to between 8am and midnight rather than 4pm and midnight on your current package).
Hope that helps explain.
moomoo

Thankyou I'm off for a browse.
moomoo

Going unlimited puts my monthly cost up to £16.99. I've been with plusnet for about 15yrs now, surely prices should be coming down. People tell me to shop around but I've always been loyal as I've had good service. I may have to compare prices ect now.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Your exchange is in a <a href="http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/low_cost_areas.shtml">Market 1 area</a>.
If you'd like to discuss your options moving forward, I'd certainly have a chat with our Customer Options Team. They are available Monday-Friday between 09:00-17:30 - hopefully they'll be able to arrange something with you.