cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

very sad to say its time for a new isp fed up of router issues

biggyjaay
Dabbler

very sad to say its time for a new isp fed up of router issues

having to reboot after every download and having issues with my consoles because of the unchangeable nat settings I am at the end of my tether, had very good customer service during my years with plusnet and will be sad to leave but cant be arsed anymore

4 REPLIES
jab1
All Star
Fixes: 6

Re: very sad to say its time for a new isp fed up of router issues

If the only problem you have is the router, and yes I understand the current offerings are not that good, why not buy your own?

I still use the TG582n I got about 4 years ago, and have a spare, but if they both fail, £50.00ish should find me a reasonable replacement, and I can use whatever I want as regards a router with PN - if you go to other ISPs, I understand you HAVE to use the ISP supplied equipment, and you may find it even more restrictive than PNs' current equipment.

John
jorvikmik
Grafter

4 of the 9 broadband customers on our island had their routers taken out with one heavy lightning strike recently, 2 BT & 2 plusnet.
Only mentioned the one router to plusnet and that has been replaced but in the meantime I picked up 3 BT hubs off ebay for just under £35 in total including a bt youview box. A hub 4, hub 5 & a hub 6.
Setup a 4 for a neighbor and the hub 6 for myself with no problems, leaving the hub 5 and plusnet router as spare backups.
Find customer services very good which is why we have been with them for so long.

Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 22

Consoles?

Do you mean multiple games platforms?

Iirc this is a known issue with a number of routers (not the ISP’s service). You might find more relevant help if this topic were moved to the router or games forums.
jab1
All Star
Fixes: 6

As the OP hasn't been back since post #1 , I assume the problem is sorted.

Am I correct @biggyjaay ?

John