cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

very sad to say its time for a new isp fed up of router issues

biggyjaay
Dabbler

very sad to say its time for a new isp fed up of router issues

having to reboot after every download and having issues with my consoles because of the unchangeable nat settings I am at the end of my tether, had very good customer service during my years with plusnet and will be sad to leave but cant be arsed anymore

4 REPLIES 4
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: very sad to say its time for a new isp fed up of router issues

If the only problem you have is the router, and yes I understand the current offerings are not that good, why not buy your own?

I still use the TG582n I got about 4 years ago, and have a spare, but if they both fail, £50.00ish should find me a reasonable replacement, and I can use whatever I want as regards a router with PN - if you go to other ISPs, I understand you HAVE to use the ISP supplied equipment, and you may find it even more restrictive than PNs' current equipment.

John
jorvikmik
Grafter

4 of the 9 broadband customers on our island had their routers taken out with one heavy lightning strike recently, 2 BT & 2 plusnet.
Only mentioned the one router to plusnet and that has been replaced but in the meantime I picked up 3 BT hubs off ebay for just under £35 in total including a bt youview box. A hub 4, hub 5 & a hub 6.
Setup a 4 for a neighbor and the hub 6 for myself with no problems, leaving the hub 5 and plusnet router as spare backups.
Find customer services very good which is why we have been with them for so long.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Consoles?

Do you mean multiple games platforms?

Iirc this is a known issue with a number of routers (not the ISP’s service). You might find more relevant help if this topic were moved to the router or games forums.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

As the OP hasn't been back since post #1 , I assume the problem is sorted.

Am I correct @biggyjaay ?

John