Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using utorrent

chris300
Grafter

using utorrent

hello
I recently joined plusnet, and my line training phase has just finished. i would just like to know if there are problems with using utorrent.
as a previous sky broadband customer, i could upload consistantly through the day, as in switch on utorrent anytime and i would see and
have multiple seeds/peers my average upload was 105 -115 kB/s. and that was consistent throughout the day/night.
as i said i recently joined as an unlimited subscriber, and have had my upload speed uncapped thanks to chris purvey.
but my speed is all over the place it hits a ceiling then falls down then its backup, if i do get any consistency like right now its 20-40kB/s
i can not get more than one peer to connect to me, some of the things i have tried changing in the router are
router settings: firewall on and off : create game/application for utorrent using specific ports (also set port within utorrent) : set a static i.p.
whatever i change doesn't make a difference.
regards
8 REPLIES 8
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: using utorrent

Hi there,
Your upload was uncapped near the end of last month, not sure why you're not seeing around 1.2Mb/s as that's the speed you're in sync at on your upload - does seem very odd. What sync speed is your router reporting, and if you upload anything else (aside from torrents) does that go at the same sort of 400kb/s speeds?
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

if you're using utorrent 3 I'd downgrade, seeing lots of reports of people with issues on newer versions.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
chris300
Grafter

hello, thankyou for the reply`s
im sorry about the late response, life commitments and all..
i just wanted to know if p2p is being throttled in the daytime, as i thought my package was unlimited.
the reason i ask is during the day it bounces around at 30-45 kB/s, and ive noticed as i stayed up late that im getting 115-150 kB/s,
if im not being limited, then my problem still persists
when i say life commitments, thats not to say i haven`t had a play with the pc and router to try and get a stable connection,i have for since i first made this thread
id just thought id have a go at trying to figure it out myself, so this is what ive tryed:
setup a static ip from pc based on ipconfig /all    info.
manually forwarded ports in windows firewall. made exception in avg.
in router: (Technicolor TG582n)
disabled firewall
created game application exception with firewall ports (same ports used with utorrent)
as i`d created a static i.p on my pc, the router had automatically ticked the static i.p box
so with this setup i have seen speeds of 115-150 kB,s but never in the day and if i hadn`t of been of work i would still have thought i had problems with utorrent
regards
thomasjc1
Grafter

No probs with utorrent here I get speeds upto and around the 8-9mb/s morning, afternoon, night depending on what I'm downloading
godsell4
Rising Star

@chris300 have you just changed to the unlimited account from another Plusnet account which had limitations? If so, have you rebooted your router and/or disconnected the phone line for 30s, this will restart the PPP connection and apply the right settings for your new unlimited account.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
chris300
Grafter

@ godsell4
i was a sky broadband customer, the service got cancelled on june 11th. ive had plusnet for 3 weeks, i raised a ticket after the training line faze, to remove the upload cap
i had look this morning as i usually keep my pc on overnight, and after reporting my speeds of last night hitting 115-150 kBs
im know back to uploading a 10 kBs,
chris300
Grafter

hello
would some kind soul have a look at my router stats, let me know if there is a visible problem.

Link Information

Uptime: 0 days, 8:04:55
DSL Type: ITU-T G.992.5
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 1.224 / 14.277
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [MB/MB]: 937,61 / 40,53
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12,6 / 0,0
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 19,2 / 32,5
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 6,1 / 6,2
System Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / ----
Chipset Vendor ID (Local/Remote): BDCM / IFTN
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote): -
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 40 / 0
FEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 28.718
CRC Errors (Up/Down): 36 / 93
HEC Errors (Up/Down): 14 / 1.810
thanks in advance
regards
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

No problems there, looks pretty stable, although it's only an 8 hour snapshot of things.
That's RPM to you!!