Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

usage warning ??

doomreaper
Grafter

usage warning ??

can someone explain for me ,
i have a 20gig a month allowence , to day i get a email from plusnet/f9 saying i have used 11 out of my 13 gigs and may be restricted if i reach 13 gigs ,, ?????
my allowence is 20gigs, and though this ahse been a unusual month due to three systems beign upgraded to new operating systems i am very confused if i am paying for 20 gigs or 13 which would be news to me
8 REPLIES 8
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: usage warning ??

You can see the details for usage on the broadband premier account here - as it shows your usage is unrestricted up to 13Gb but is then shaped up to the 20Gb limit.
Hope this helps,
Spider
Grafter

From the figures you stated I am guessing you are on the legacy product Premier 1. This has scaled throttling of your connection starting at 13Gb. See this page http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/archive/bb_premier1.shtml for more information.
doomreaper
Grafter

ok, now im beginning to understand some of the other peoples stress's , if im on a 20gig , surely restrictions should be applied when u reach that, otherwise the account shuould be relabled 13gig allowence, however im not going into debate on this as my account date is teh 4th/6th of each month, and im sure i wont reach that by then.
But thanks for teh quick answer.
doomreaper
Grafter

im going to ask a favor from a member of staff,
based on the fact that i have 4 pc's connected to my line , and being 3 for children and my own , gaming is probably top on the list, then updates and downloads, which product would be best based on my current payment subscription of 22.99 per month, ie i cant afford to pay more.
ill leave it with you , you can email me or pm me if you prefer
thanks
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It depends what you download, and whether or not this has to be during the day. If you game mostly I'd say that the BBYW Pro would be best, provided you're happy to keep downloads outside of the peak hours (on all the BBYW accounts, this is between 8am and midnight, on your existing premier account it's between 4pm and midnight so bear in mind you'd have to be careful about this - especially since the BBYW pro has 10gb included usage instead of 20) but it is £19.99 so a bit cheaper. All traffic is prioritised in titanium (the highest priority) on Pro, except usenet and p2p which is counted a gold so your gaming performance will be top notch.
Hope that helps, if not please post back and I'll do a bit of further digging.
Spider
Grafter

Quote from: orbrey
All traffic is prioritised in titanium (the highest priority) on Pro, except usenet and p2p which is counted a gold so your gaming performance will be top notch.

According to your webpage http://www.plus.net/residential/broadband/bbyw_information_pro.shtml only Gaming (known games) and VoIP traffic are in Titanium and the rest is in Gold. I am not going to complain if the webpage is wrong though Cheesy
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Unfortunately for my pride the web page is definitive. I shall go and stand in the corner.
Sorry about that, thanks for the heads up.
[me=orbrey]heads off to the aforementioned corner.[/me]
pcoventry76
Grafter

BBYW Pro IS the dogs doodas of ADSL connections, it's very fast, very solid, my pings were under 20ms for all servers i play on - and the allowance is also a nice fat 10GB
i'd recommend it 110%