cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

usage stats

BobPlumbe
Grafter

usage stats

is it just mine or are every ones usage stats total garbage?

where do plusnet get these stats from? does it involve reading runes or throwing bones?

8 REPLIES 8
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: usage stats

mine look about right - how about a bit more detail as to why you think they are garbage

BobPlumbe
Grafter

mine bare no relation to my actual usage, I'm on unlimited so doesn't affect the already extortionate price I pay for such a poor service, but I do worry if they are mixing mine up with someone elses

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

If it's the breakdown of different types of usage you're talking about, then these can vary as we can't always 100% detect the type of traffic. So you'll sometimes see usage appear in other categories.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
queequeg

My own stats must be nonsense. My router (TP link N600) has a stats function that measures network traffic passing through the router. This hovers between 1 and 3 GB a day depending on who's doing what. That accords with what I would expect. However, PlusNet's figures tend to clock me at about 15-40GB a day, even when I'm away on holiday. (And yes, I've checked the zeros.)

As there is nothing upstream of my router other than the fibre modem, I assume that their stats are wildly wrong. But if they're right, presumably either there's a troll in the basement with an x-box and a Netflix subscription, or something malicious is afoot. Should I be concerned?

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@queequeg wrote:

PlusNet's figures tend to clock me at about 15-40GB a day, even when I'm away on holiday. (And yes, I've checked the zeros.)

Might be worth unplugging the router next time you're away for a few days.

If it's completely disconnected and still clocking up usage, something is obviously not right. If it's all zeros when it's unplugged, something (or someone) that you're not aware of is using your connection.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Preston
Dabbler

You are lucky to be getting any stats, for the last few days I have been getting ' Usage unavailable at the moment'  so I've not a clue what I've been using???

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Last few days, Preston?  I've had no actual usage recorded on my usage meter since 20th July; perhaps my usage has been generously donated to BobPlumbe.  My total usage for the last billing period is showing as 105.63KB (yes, KB, not GB).

Preston
Dabbler

Hi Jonpe, I had not checked my usage for several months but having changed changed my Sky box and downloaded some catch up programs I was looking to see how much data they represented. Obviously not the only one not getting the info. I have looked at some of the apps that you can get to check your data usage but found them either too complex or two basic, nothing in between... Oh well I'll just keep going and see what my next bill comes up with...Huh