cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

usage between 12am & 8am

rizspect

usage between 12am & 8am

hello i am new to plusnet and so far very good really impressed with service.
1 thing i need answering is in my usage graph for the week, it shows activity between the hours of 12am & 8am for say 7mb/9mb etc. i know its free and nither here or there but im just curious as to what this is?
is it updates to router or something like that coz my pc is not on at those times thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
rizspect

Re: usage between 12am & 8am

bump just coz its disapearing  Cry
Be3G
Grafter

Welcome to the forums rizspect, but please be aware in future that bumping is against the forum rules. This board is busy, but I'm sure that even without bumping the thread, someone would have replied to it eventually. Smiley
As for your question, I'm not 100% certain about the answer to be honest. There is a phenomenon known as ‘background traffic’ which can explain small amounts of unintended usage when computers etc. are off, but yours sounds a bit high to only be attributed to such traffic.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Do you have any other devices that connect to your router? For example in our house we've got a few mobile phones that connect via wifi, XBOX360, PS3 etc.
7-9 Mb isn't a huge amount but as Be3G says it's more than I'd expect for background traffic.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
rizspect

hello Tongue (thats me told)
anyway as i said its within free usage but nope only thing thats connected to the broadband is a laptop which is also not on. laptop and pc are both of and ofcourse i leave the router on somedays there is notihng or only like a few kbs but then others 6/10mb