Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

uploading

nikosoboushi
Dabbler

uploading

Hi Guys
My downlods seem ok, but my upload is slow as hell - Im getting 11kbps uplaoding a file to megaupload..U have tried a few upload sites and its the same..am I right in thinking I should get a faster upload than that with an 8 meg service? where should i start to rectify this..
Cheers
Ben
5 REPLIES 5
scootie
Grafter

Re: uploading

have u done a speed test to make sure it nothing to do with your phone line to the exchangehttp://www.mybroadbandspeed.co.uk/
and have u installed the bbc iplayer or simlar lately as these sorts of programs upload the t.v programs without the knowledge of the user in some cases
scootie
Grafter

pj thanks for converting to kB/s. but saying 11kB/s out of a possable 46kB/s as not being enormously low i belive is wrong as in % they are only geting 24% out of there upload speed and if i was only geting a quarter of my upload i would be trying to find the problem.
my upload speed is just as important to me as my download speed and im sure pj if you was only geting 25% of your down speed u would be trying to sort it out.
so as to my first post i would check that nothing else is uploading in the background ect
samuria
Grafter

Dont forget if you are downloading you are actually uploading as well as the download has to send info on the state of the file. It depends what you are downloading with. Also if you have XP Sp2 there is a tcip limit of 10 connections as well check the event log to see if you have reached the limit
nikosoboushi
Dabbler

I wasnt downloading at the time and I have noticed that uploading is really slow before - I ll run the speedtester shortly and let you know the result

Thanks
Ben
James
Grafter

Morning Ben.
What results do you get when you go to http://mybroadbandspeed.co.uk ?