Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upload speeds

chris300
Grafter

upload speeds

hello
could someone help me with my upload speed
from the start of my service i had trouble understanding why i wasn't getting upload speeds over 30 kbps
after messing around with my options, i.e static i.p addon was bought and made no difference so cancelled that
then i bought the unlimited pro-addon and result, upload speeds were 115-125 kbps consistently happydays, the same upload speeds i had received with sky broadband.
an i.s.p that never throttled me, plusnet was recommended to me by a so-called mate, and your friendly sales team convinced me that i would receive the same speeds as i`d
previously received. They never mentioned anything about add-ons.
think about it, I ring you asking for totally unlimited broadband which granted i can download as much as i want, but i didnt know my speeds would vary (regarding my upload) to the point of being useless. i believe i was mis-sold, if i knew that to get the service i required would have cost me £10 a month an extra £5 a month on what i pay now, i would have been more that happy to pay it, its hardly breaking the bank, but instead im left curiously trying to workout what my next bill will look like
                                                                                                     from                   to
1 Static Ip Component (cancelled) - -                                                                £5.00
1 Pro Add On (Pro-Rata payment) charge                30/07/2013      20/08/2013      £3.55
1 Plusnet Unlimited (Contracted) - Market 2/3 charge 21/08/2013 20/09/2013 £9.99
1 Pro Add On charge                                                        21/08/201        20/09/2013      £5.00
1 Plusnet Line Only charge                                        21/08/2013 20/09/2013 £0.00
1 Call Plan charge                                                        21/08/2013 20/09/2013 £0.00
1 Offer Discount - karate12                                                                                       -£5.00
                                                                                                                                           Total: £18.54
as my bill shows i have taken out another pro plus add-on from the 21/8 to 20/9 and my upload is still low
I checked my p.c today and utorrent upload speeds are all over the place 21 kbps then it hits 60 and then drops...why?
what happened to my service?
t.b.h im getting really fed up with this!

5 REPLIES 5
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: upload speeds

Hi there,
I've checked your line and can't see any issues, you're upload is currently syncing at 1235kbps. Pro add-on will not help your upload at all, so if this is the only reason you've got this then I'd suggest removing this from your account.
Is this over a wired connection, could you run a speed test and run further diagnostics once the speed test has completed?

chris300
Grafter

Hi chris
thankyou for replying
yes im on a wired connection my router and p.c are together my router and p.c leads are no longer than 3 feet in length.
i am the only user in the household, ive included my correspondents over the matter regarding why i took out the pro add-on:
#####################################################################################
Hello Mr Leigh,
Thanks for the reply
So, if i was to add the pro add-on package (£5 per month) i would be excluded from traffic prioritisation.
Regards
######################################################################################

[removed] - CSC Analyst
3:29pm, Saturday 20 Jul 2013
Dear Mr xxxxxxxx,
Thank you for getting back to us.
I can confirm that with the pro add on, the traffic management is pretty much removed entirely, apart from a couple of protocols.
Below is a link that will explain this in detail
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/pro-Add-On-faq.shtml#prioritisedTraffic

You can then add the pro add on to the account if you wish by following the link below
https://www.plus.net/AddOns.html
There is no need to reply to this ticket if the matter is resolved. If you wish to close this ticket you can do so via the following link: Close This Ticket. Alternatively it will automatically close in 14 days.
However, if you feel the matter needs further investigation do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://portal.plus.net/wizard/ if we can be of any further assistance.
Kind regards,
[removed]
##############################################################################################################
regards
chris
[Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim): CSA name removed as per the forum rules.]
chris300
Grafter

hi chris
i just wanted to add that i have had consistant upload speeds since i started to add the pro add-on package,
my concern was after the bill was sent yesterday, my speeds were dead from the morning to this afternoon
i have since been out returned home and my speeds have somewhat returned 80-85 kbps
i understand i may have jumped the gun with my earlier post, i was just concerned because i had been having good speeds
or what i consider to be good speeds for standard adsl. and thought my line was out of sync or my add-on hadnt been placed on my package
regards
chris
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

The pro add-on will not help your upload, my colleague should have been clear on that and I'll make sure I feed this back.
Your upload is working fine, I'd suggest looking at you torrent clients setting to see if your upload is set at a default, if it isn't it would be worth looking at port forwarding.
chris300
Grafter

Thankyou Chris