cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upload speed

becuma

upload speed

Hi,
I am a new customer, come over from Be now that it has become Sky. Minor hiccups getting it to work initially, but all good now. When with Be, I  had Annex M, which Plusnet apparently don't do, so I was expecting a slight drop in upload speed. However, what I am getting is such a low upload that I am struggling to keep a VPN going. Reading some of the posts on the forum, there is a cap on the upload speed of new customers? If this is so, how long will this be maintained, and how/when do I go about getting it lifted? My download speed seems to be fine, I don't mind losing some (or even half) of that.
8 REPLIES 8
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: upload speed

If you check with the router is the upstream speed about 445kbps
If it is then Plusnet need to uncap it
becuma

Yes the router says "Upload 445714". Hi Plusnet! Can you change this before ten days are up?
Oldjim
Resting Legend

yes they can and it should get picked up tomorrow
becuma

Hope they do, thanks Oldjim! Why don't Plusnet do Annex M? Does the "Pro" thing do something similar?
Oldjim
Resting Legend

They only do Annex M on business products
Pro does nothing for speeds as it only affects traffic prioritisation.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi there,
I've placed a modify order to uncap your upload speed, this will complete tomorrow and will see your upload speed roughly double.
becuma

Thank you!
becuma

All fixed now, I see. IIRC, this is as good as it's ever been on annex A. I want to thank you for sorting this out so quickly. Seems my download speed has had an unexpected boost as well?
This morning:
]
and for comparison, yesterday's:

Now only "slower than 53% of GB"  Smiley I remember back in the day when I first got broadband, it said faster than 90% or something along those lines. Nothing happening here on the fibre front either, so, oh well. Still, it amazes me what you can push along a 1960s telephone wire.
Anyway, thanks again.