Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrading to 8MB

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

upgrading to 8MB

I note it is possible to request an upgrade to 8Mb but doing this could lead to a number of potential problems. My questions are, 1. If you request the upgrade and end up with problems that cannot be resolved can you request to return to the previous set up or is this a one way decision. 2. I would like to hear from anyone who has upgraded to 8Mb and regretted that decision, including the reasons.
Many thanks
We are born into history and history is born into us.
3 REPLIES 3
James
Grafter

Re: upgrading to 8MB

Hi there,
You've actually already been upgraded.  However, you are a very long way from the exchange.  Your downstream line attenuation is 63.5dB, which I believe is the highest reportable, so you really wouldn't notice much difference between the Max product and a fixed 500Kbps product.
You're currently being profiled at BTs end at 750Kbps.  I've updated your profile at our end to reflect this.  You might notice a slight speed increase following a reboot.
Sorry I can't help further!
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

Thanks,
I have noticed a slight increase in speed but I am puzzled by your comment that I am a long way from the exchange.
My nearest exchange is Broughton(Preston) which is 2 Kilometers away so I would not consider that very far away.
We are born into history and history is born into us.
Spider
Grafter

Unfortunately it is the length of the cables between then exchange and your premises rather than the physical road / as the crow flies distance.
For work I have maps of showing all (in theory) BT cabling for the local area and some of the line routes defy logic (well to me anyway).