cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrading product

stephen25
Dabbler

upgrading product

hi folks i was thinking of upgrading from the 14.99 broadband to the 19.99 package,if i do this will i be tied into a new 12month contract or will i still be monthly contract,been with plusnet for 2 and a half years,also are there any upgrade offers doing the rounds
20 REPLIES 20
Mand
Grafter

Re: upgrading product

Hi there,
If you upgrade to a Broadband Your Way product you would keep your existing monthly contract.
If you're moving from a legacy product to BBYW you can take advantage of the hardware offers, depending on your product type.
Option 3 (19.99) comes with a free Voyager 2110, however if you were to leave within 12 months these would become chargeable.
stephen25
Dabbler

thanks for the reply
if i was to upgrade to opton 3 then decide in a couple of months to downgrade to option 2 again is there a charge for downgrading,reason i ask is my son just got xbox 360 and i expect my usage to go up for a while but the novelty may where off and i m ay not need the extra allowance
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Nope - you can downgrade once every month for free (unless you've requested the wireless hardware on options 3 or 4 and then downgraded to option 2 or 1 and are still in the contract period, in which case you will need to pay the hardware costs).
Hope that helps,
stephen25
Dabbler

ok i just asked for the upgrade to option 3,how long does this normally take to go through as i have used all my allowance for this month allready(grrrrrr xbox..lol)  my plusnet account name is stephen25
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
If you can update the card details on your account so we can take the difference in payments between the two accounts we'll do this for you immediately. Smiley
stephen25
Dabbler

ok i have done this,i take the differce in payment will be the difference between the 2 products at 18 days i have left to my next billing date,cant find any info on how much
pcoventry76
Grafter

yes it's the wonders of pro rata billing.
Moderators note by James_H : Removed full quote of preceding post - it is not needed and is a breach of the Forum Rules
stephen25
Dabbler

Quote from: Mand
Hi there,
If you can update the card details on your account so we can take the difference in payments between the two accounts we'll do this for you immediately. Smiley

hi updated card details an hour ago...dont want to be pushy but got work shortley and son is itching to use xbox live
stephen25
Dabbler

just called customer services who said the dont do instant regrades it wil  happen sometime tommorow even though plusnet mod on here says upgrade card details and we will do it imedietly..unbelieveable...i have read on isp sites that plusnet was going downhill but decided to try the option 3 rather than migrate which i was thinking of doing...this kinda stuff ,one person saying the other isnt right is making me think now to look around for another isp...adsl 24 is getting excellent reviews and more allowance for the same 19.99
MikeWhitehead
Grafter

I wouldn't say PlusNet are going downhill if you look at the recent awards they have received. It simply sounds like a case of wires getting crossed somewhere. You could either give them a ring again and explain the situation in full (including telling them that a staff member informed you otherwise on the community forum), or wait for someone to come along and see this thread.
zubel
Community Veteran

Quote from: stephen25
just called customer services who said the dont do instant regrades it wil  happen sometime tommorow even though plusnet mod on here says upgrade card details and we will do it imedietly..unbelieveable...

Firstly, the Plusnet staff on here are distinct from the mods. 
Secondly, the Plusnet staff here do have the 'power' to do these sort of modifications immediately, whereas the CS staff don't necessarily.
PM Mand and ask her to check this thread out again, and I'm sure she can do the magic somewhat Smiley
B.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'll go make the change for you now, it looks like someone has given the wrong info to you.
Meant to say that I'll have a word with the agent you spoke to aswell.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Should all be sorted, give me a shout if you have any questions.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
stephen25
Dabbler

thanks a lot chris all looking good now,sorry for being a bit impatient but my son has been at me all day to get back on xbox live