Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrading account

silvacrest
Grafter

upgrading account

Hi all
ive been with PN for less then 2 weeks using option 2 with PN line rental, already my family (7 of us in total) are using alot of the total download limit in just a few days so i was thinking of upgrading to option 3 but i need to no, does it cost anything to upgrade to a different option? can i still claim a free router if i do change options(my current router is on its last legs)? would i still be on this months current download limit (20 GB) if i did change or would it reset to 40 GB?
19 REPLIES 19
James
Grafter

Re: upgrading account

Hi there,
We can either change this immediately for you (and charge a pro rata charge to take you upto your next billing date) or alternatively you change your product when you reach your next billing date at no additional charge.
silvacrest
Grafter

ok, since ive used my 20 GB allowence this month i would like to change my option to option 4 but could you tell me how much extra i would have to pay and when i would need to pay?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Your billing date won't change but you may be required to pay a pro rata charge depending on how much of the billing month is left; as this is a one off charge it will need to be taken from a credit or debit card rather than by direct debit.
Please let us know if this is acceptable to you and we'll make the change.
greyposter
Grafter

If the billing date eg was on the 10th,that would be the date to do it,to avoid pro rata payment ?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

If the billing date ,eg was on the 10th,that would be the date to do it avoiding the pro rata payment ?

Yep, exactly.
silvacrest
Grafter

i think i'll just wait for my next billing date then change but im not sure when that is  Embarrassed
could a PN staff member be so kind and tell me please?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
You're next due to be billed on the 25th March, so there's a bit of a wait.
silvacrest
Grafter

Quote from: orbrey
Hi there,
You're next due to be billed on the 25th March, so there's a bit of a wait.

yeah, your not wrong about that  Undecided
one last question before i decide what to do. How is the pro rata payment calculated and how much would it cost me, given the ammount of time left before my next billing?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Basically it's ((difference in price*12)/365)*number of days till next billing date
So in your case, it would be 10* 12 = 120/365 = 0.33p per day for the difference in cost. That 33p is multiplied by the number of days until the next billing date so if you changed today that would be 18 days, therefore a pro rata charge of £5.92 would need to be taken.
silvacrest
Grafter

I thought it would be much more for some reason but £5.92 doesnt seem to bad  Grin
where do i go to make this payment?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Just log in to your members centre and click the 'upgrade' button (if I remember correctly this is just below the search box on the top right). This will submit a regrade request into the system (after you select the account type you'd like to upgrade to) and another ticket will automatically be created on your account with the pro rata charge.  One of our CSC agents will then pick this up and either call you or take it from the card on your account.
silvacrest
Grafter

thanks Obrey,
I've gone ahead with that but i did noticed that it said it would take 5-7 days before the change was made. i understand that changing my broadband option from 3 to 4 may take this long but does this also include bring my speed back up to normal levels after i pay the pro rata charge?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It's probably because the upgrade script expects a line regrade to be done as part of the upgrade. That may be the case if you're not already on ADSL max but I doubt it, so it should be done straight away for you.
The regrade should also reset the usage so you should get the new speed - remember to disconnect and reconnect the ADSL equipment when you receive confirmation of your account type change.
silvacrest
Grafter

Ok, i've waited around an hour and i havnt had anyone from PN contact me to to take the pro rata payment
which probably also means my account hasnt been upgraded in anyway  Cry
is there something i should do or should i just have more patience?