cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(update) Loss of sync- Any reason you can see?

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Loss of sync- Any reason you can see?

Theoretically you can't get 8128kbps with interleaving but with some routers you can get it apparently
http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/interleaving.htm
It should also be pointed out that whilst BTw state that applying interleaving shouldn't reduce your line speed, it does reduce the maximum line rate achievable from 8128kbps to 7616kbps due to the additional overhead required for check bytes.
Note: although BT state 7616 is maximum sync speed with interleaving, many instances of higher sync speeds have been reported by users. This is dependent upon your router being able to support S=1/2 mode which effectively combines two RS code words into a larger logical code word of 510 bytes (ANSI T1.413).
Interleaving and Error Correction are always switched on at the same time and the 7616 profile has a 512kbps error correction overhead with an increased latency of around 16 ms.
Interleaving is set to "auto" by default and interleaving is then controlled by the DLM process, turning it on if needed. It is possible to arrange to have interleaving set to permanently "on" or "off" via your ISP. Some ISPs may make a charge for doing this.
worcswizzard
Grafter

HP- I will resist all temptation to fiddle by sitting on my hands and type with my nose. Smiley
Jim. I was using a DLink 2640b before this as it works well with my music streaming.
I shall go back to it without doubt, and probably leave the interleave as it is as I was perfectly happy before.
Thanks for the quote, Jim, I will have to read that a couple of times.
Rob
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Mr.W .DMT attached after forcing. This is how its been for months. Yonks ago one of your regular posters (anotherone?) helped me get my sync up and remarked that I had BBc transmitter nearby (Droitwich) How did he know that?

Thanks for that, amazing to see the difference! Any idea what the fault on the Sky box was ?, it made a right mess of your ADSL right across the spectrum!!
My guess is that Droitwich is showing up as the dip in the Bit loading, sort of midway between tones 656 and 724 ( I'm too lazy to do the calc's!! ) If you're interested read this on the kitz site http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/adsl_technology.htm.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

worcswizzard
Grafter

Hi Mr W. No idea, but as they arrived I asked if it could knock my BB? One said no, then the other said something about a BT transformer, I think, as he disappeared through the neighbours door. I will ask upstairs, but I don't think they would be bothered to ask  remember as long as the tele works. Another bit experience to add to the problem solving of 'plus net' forums. I've tried to read the Kitz stuff before- it boils my brain- but thanks anyway and i'll try again.
Rob
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

We did have a problem in a village near me a few years ago where a duff Sky box took out the broadband for several users - and the person who had the Sky box didn't even have broadband
worcswizzard
Grafter

No Jim, neither has my  neighbour. Fascinating to think that without the radio side of things I would have been non the wiser and jumping up and down screaming at Mand and Co. All's well etc.
Rob
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

If its a power supply/transformer fault I suppose that with a Sky box there's a chance it could be pushing all that interference down the phone line rather than just radiating it or putting on the mains circuits.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

worcswizzard
Grafter

Could be Mr.W, but when I drove past with my car radio on it was like a beacon of interference radiating out from the block.  I will ask my neighbour tomorrow if the Sky man said what had caused it. Will post any answers.
Rob
worcswizzard
Grafter

Hello again. Just to update this thread my DLink  has now been syncing at 8128 for a couple of days and my profile (according to BT tester) is back to 7150.  Cheesy Just need Plus Net to catch up. Its taken 23 days allowing for my messing about and a thunderstorm.
Connection Type :   G.DMT
Cable Status : No Defect
Network Status : Connected
Connection Up Time : 38 hour, 40 min, 38 sec

Downstream   Upstream
Rate (Kbps): 8128           448

SNR Margin (dB): 8.1         24.0
Attenuation (dB):   26.0   12.5
Output Power (dBm): 12.3   19.8

Super Frames: 8193211   8193209
Super Frame Errors: 14   19
RS Words: 1114276760   69642276
RS Correctable Errors: 4877   71
RS Uncorrectable Errors: 81   N/A

HEC Errors: 14   7
OCD Errors: 0   0
LCD Errors: 0   0
Total Cells: 2670059839   0
Data Cells: 5424927   0
Bit Errors: 0   0

Total ES: 8   0
Total SES: 0   0
Total UAS: 12    0
Old Jim-  8128 with interleaving Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: (update) Loss of sync- Any reason you can see?

Hi worcswizzard,
Just aligned our profile to the BT one.
Jojo Smiley
worcswizzard
Grafter

Thanks JoJo, but it may be in vain- had apower cut this morning at 8ish and synced back to 7840 and noise margin back up to 9 :(. Never mind, I'll let it be for afew days and resync again during the day.
Rob
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Yes, it recorded sync of 7392 at 10:09 this morning which gives a ip profile of 6500 but i'm sure it'll come back once it stabilises.
Jojo Smiley