cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

uncap upload speed

will2012
Grafter

uncap upload speed

What information do you need from me to uncap my upload speed?
Additionally, my 2wire router is indicating there is a rate cap on my line of 5549kbps, and I am on ADSL2+. Please could you confirm why this is?
6 REPLIES 6
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: uncap upload speed

Hi there,
We don't need any information besides knowing that you'd like your upload uncapping Smiley
Regarding the download speed, this depends on a number of factors but mostly the length of your phone line between your premises and the exchange. In general, the longer the line the slower the speed.
Hope that helps explain, if you post back confirming that you'd like the upload uncapping we'll get the order placed for you.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

If you post the stats from your router we may be able to answer the other question - info needed is attenuation, noise margin and speeds
will2012
Grafter

Hi,  thanks for your replies.
Yes, i would like my upload uncapping. What can i expect it to rise to and will it cost anything extra?
Downstream attenuation at 300khz - 41.8 db down, 24.7db up.........Any ideas how this could be lowered, if at all?
Noise margin - 6.1db down, 5.8db up
Speed - 6593 kbs up, 784kbs down
Thanks both for your help
Will
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

According to that your upstream is already uncapped
Given your downstream speed of 6593kbps and hence IP profile 5815 kbps where do you get 5549kbps from or is it a speed test result
Regarding your attenuation that is a function of your distance from the exchange (cable length) and you can't change it
will2012
Grafter

It is a figure listed as 'max rate' and further down the same figure is listed as 'rate cap' on my router. I have checked again and it is still saying the same thing, which is odd, it doesn't appear to relate to anything.
I have something else listed as 'uncanceled echo' which is -18.3db. Is that good or bad?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: Oldjim
Regarding your attenuation that is a function of your distance from the exchange (cable length) and you can't change it

Not totally true, there is something you can do but it would be a lot of expense and worry and you'd need the help of someone like these guys: http://www.davisbuildingmovers.com/ Grin
It would probably be cheaper to move house.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)