Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable / slow connection with Adobe Creative Cloud

FIXED
Jon7
Dabbler

unable / slow connection with Adobe Creative Cloud

Hello,  I have the following problem:

I use Adobe Creative Cloud for my work. My computers connect to creative cloud on start up so I can fully the the services.  Since Friday last week, the connection process either never happens or takes between 20mins and several hours.  This is both the same on the web browser and the desktop app.  The key points which make it a plusnet connection issue are:

1. This fault occurs across all computers connected to my broadband 
  2. If I connect to a different broadband (ie my neighbour or a hotspot) it connects to creative cloud instantly
  3. Adobe senior techs say it a problem with my broadband (ports)
  4. Apple senior techs say it's a problem with my broadband (ports)
  5. This has been tested on a computer with no other apps installed and a fresh OS install.
  6. Connection is running fast
  7. All firewalls are off
  8. No anti virus's installed

Having shared this problem with senior Plusnet staff to solve they refuse to help or admit a problem.  The only course of action they have given is to post in here to look for a solution.  Hopefully someone can help?  Let me know if there are other bits of information which might help shed further light.  

Thanks,

Jon

75 REPLIES 75
Jon7
Dabbler

Re: unable / slow connection with Adobe Creative Cloud

NB, forgot to add another issue which may or may not be related.  A member of the plusnet team had to finished setting up this forum account for me because the verification emails would not come through to me.  tried different email accounts and checked spam on the web-mail login obviously.  Other emails and plusnet communication emails arrive fine. 

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

The email thing is unrelated - that's discussed here https://community.plus.net/t5/Community-Site-Feedback/No-more-email-from-forum-private-message/m-p/1...
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
dgilbert2
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Do you know which ports need to be open and have you checked that your routers firewall is switched off, or open to these ports? EDIT: I would only switch the router firewall off for testing, then switch it back on again.

Also, might be worth checking you account settings below to check they are both set to Off.

https://www.plus.net/member-centre/broadband/firewall

https://www.plus.net/my-account/safeguard/

It is strange though that it worked until Friday!

Jon7
Dabbler

Thank you!  Yes both the safe guard and firewall are set to off.  Adobe say the ports are 80 and 443.  But I don’t know what to do with this info. 

Jon7
Dabbler

Further on the firewall question… actually I just found an area in the hub manager which says default at the moment, but I don’t know if this makes a difference if it’s set of off on the other preferences area?  Maybe it’s a separate thing again?  Screenshots to clarify my meaning attached. 

dvorak

Your firewall settings are fine.
Customer / Moderator
dgilbert2
Aspiring Pro

The default setting is normal.

For a very quick test, go to the DMZ tab and switch on DMZ for the computer that has Adobe Creative Cloud on it. See if it works but then quickly switch DMZ off again. Under the current hacking climate you don't want to fully open a computer using DMZ for very long at all!

If it worked then you know it's a likely port issue on your side, otherwise its a wider issue. I would then go to your work IT experts to ask what ports need opening on your router. 80 & 443 are standard HTTP and HTTPS ports which you wouldn't open up in my view, but maybe someone else has more knowledge on that. Other ports which Adobe maybe using are 1111 & 1935?

Again, remember to switch off DMZ 😉

Jon7
Dabbler

thank you, no switching on the DMZ did not help.  I’ve switched it off again as advised.  Apple sent me this, but again I don’t know what to do with the information. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-media-server/config-admin/configure-ports.html

EDIT, and also adobe sent me this info.

https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/network-endpoints.html

dgilbert2
Aspiring Pro

If DMZ didn't make it work, then the issue is not about opening up ports on your router. That's a dead end I'm afraid.

I'm not aware of Plusnet blocking ports on their side, especially as you have set your account firewall to off. Hopefully one of the team can confirm that tomorrow, as it does seem strange that its only Plusnet you have the issue with (since Friday).

Jon7
Dabbler

Indeed. Been with plusnet for many years and using creative cloud for the same amount of time, and this is the first problem I’ve had with it.  Thanks for you help, hopefully some more ideas to look at tomorrow as you say.  

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there,

I'm really sorry for the issues with loading Creative Cloud. Could you try turning your router off and on then let me know how the app goes? I've been looking into this and I've assigned you a static IP temporarily to try to fix.

Also incidentally, the adviser you'd spoken to yesterday messaged me on Teams and I asked our mods to manually verify your forum account. The investigation into the problem with Community emails not arriving is still ongoing. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Jon7
Dabbler

Thanks.  I've just turned the plusnet hub off and on - is that the same as a router - or is that the BT box on the wall?  No difference so far alas.

Yes thanks for setting up the forum account for me.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Ah that rules out a hunch I had, so the issue doesn't seem to be anything to do with our network. I've removed the static IP. The Hub One is a modem router, so you shouldn't need to use an external modem with it. By BT box, do you mean an Openreach modem which an engineer may have fitted long ago? If so, connect the Hub directly into the master socket. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dvorak

Is safeguard (https://www.plus.net/my-account/safeguard/) on or off?

The link apple gave you would only be for the media server, which it doesn't sound like you're running?

One other thing to try, on your mac network preferences can you change your DNS settings to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 to see if that improves things?
Customer / Moderator