Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tor is totally blocked?!

MickKi
Grafter

tor is totally blocked?!

Hi All,
Do you know if PlusNet blocks tor related traffic?  I am trying to connect to different tor servers and it seems that all packets are dropped . . .
I also tried this off peak and it did connect but it was hellishly slow.
PS.  Non-tor packets flow freely.
2 REPLIES 2
LordFox
Rising Star

Re: tor is totally blocked?!

Oooh, another Tor user!
Works here, peak and off peak. I've got Tor and Privoxy installed on a BSD box as my proxy. I don't use it generally because it does significantly slow down throughput.
I found it slow on my previous ISP as well (f2s) so don't think it's anything to do with PN, just not enough fast Tor servers plus the odd moron trying to use them for big file transfers.
I wouldn't imagine PN is blocking Tor node IP addresses , and I don't think there's any other way of blocking Tor use.
I'm interested in any other responses to this myself...
Rick.
Edit:
Just thought to add, make sure to optimize your browser performance, especially increase the max connections settings.
MickKi
Grafter

Re: tor is totally blocked?!

Thanks Rick,
Perhaps a lot of people starting using tor to download CDs following relevant recent thread about BT & BPI.  Tongue
I'm using Opera which has been set up to a max of 8 connections to the same server and a maximum total connections of 20.  I can't remember having such slow download problems some weeks ago, hence this thread.