cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

too many receipients

empressming
Dabbler

too many receipients

Sorry but I'm back with another email problem. I've got lots of group emails to send out and I'm being stopped and receiving this warning....
The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'racesparesdirect@btconnect.com'. Subject 'Mechanical Failure Denies Costello Of Top Six Finish.', Account: 'mail.plus.net', Server: 'smtp.orangehome.co.uk', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '452 Error: too many recipients', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 452, Error Number: 0x800CCC79
can any one shed any light on this???  Huh
9 REPLIES 9
James
Grafter

Re: too many receipients

How many people are you trying to send an email to?  You should try speaking to Orange about this as there may be a limit on the number of receipients that you can send to would be.
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Looks like you may be limited to 20 per email
linky.
Note: this is an Orange issue so try their forums.
empressming
Dabbler

thanks guys - It does seem to max out at 20 emails and I need to send 100's - I presume this is possible depending on provider? I'll look on orange forums.
RobDickson
Grafter

Why not just set up a mailing list? That way, you can send a personalised e-mail to each recipient.
It's easy enough to set one up using Word:
http://www.robdickson.co.uk/PC_Advice/word_mail_merge.php
empressming
Dabbler

I must have a different word - as I can not do as you suggest - got any other ideas?
empressming
Dabbler

I've got outlook as well as outlook express - but i use express - should i use the other? I'm not good really with computers in fact I've just been made aware that I'm paying three different companies when I could probably get all my services in one place.
If someone offers free dial up -http://adial.co.uk/ does this mean it will not incurr phone bill charges???
paulby
Grafter

Quote from: empressming
If someone offers free dial up -http://adial.co.uk/ does this mean it will not incurr phone bill charges???

Having looked at their site the answer to your question is no.  Connection is via an 0845 "lo-call" number which costs around 1p/minute in the evening an 4p/minute during the day.
"Free" in this instance seems to mean that there's no subscription or account needed.
RobDickson
Grafter

The procedure on my website is for Office 2000, and Outlook Express. PJ is correct - Word does all the work using its Mail Merge facility, but it will use your default e-mail client to actually send the e-mails.
RobDickson
Grafter

Sorry, I have to disagree. It does work with Office2000 and Outlook Express.