Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ticket No 84617849

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: ticket No 84617849

Here's your current line stats (attached).
How's the connection feeling?
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

Strangely at sometime last night my plusnet profile was reduced to 20 mbps.
I had not synced at a reduced speed so there was no reason for that.  Undecided
Adam has reset the profile so my speed test results are now back where they should be for my sync speed.

Everything still much the same:
Interleaving is still turned off.
Do you know if I've been switch to the 40/10 product?
If possible could you please let me know when this happens, I'd like to see if it makes a difference to my upstream sync.

Chris, thanks again for your help with this, it's still some way short of the estimated upstream speed but this has been the biggest improvement so far.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

You're on the 40/10 product, you can tell, if you look at the attachment in my previous response - if you look at the profile 0.128-40M.
It's a much better improvement and I'm not sure how much more of an improvement I'm going to be able to get but I'm happy to try. In the first instance, I'm probably going to give the line over the weekend to see how it fairs out. Come Monday we can have another look and take further action from thereon.
npr
Pro

I expected to settle for this new upstream speed.
But if you're willing to try for more then I'm game too.
Note for interest, another ISP estimates my upstream speed to be a respectable 4 to 5 mbps.
18Mb-25Mb
Estimated download
speed range
4Mb-5Mb
Estimated upload
speed range

Would you believe it's BT Infinity.  Grin Grin
PS
Changing to 40/10 made no further improvement.
I'll wait and see what interleaving does.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Fingers crossed. I'm happy for one further visit just to see if there are any better d-sides, I doubt there is after the changes made yesterday, but worth a go and see what happens.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It looks as though DLM has intervened over the weekend and has but some banding on your line, not such a bad thing as I think it's probably helped.
I've attached your line stats. What do you think?
npr
Pro

Hi Chris,
I'm not sure what to think.
Still syncing between 22 - 25 down and 1.5 - 1.8 up.
Interleaving was finally switched on about 6:30am on Sunday, looks like it was the dlm which turned it on and not Plusnet turning on "Super Stable". Strange that I'm now on a banded profile, I thought dlm was supposed to turn on interleaving before going to a banded profile.
My router stats suggest the interleaving setting of "low" is controlling my errors so that's probably preferable to the Super Stable setting.
Surprised and disappointed  the upstream has been banded to 1M-2M, not seen any significant errors on my upstream stats but then the upstream stats in Technicolor routers has always been suspect Wink
It does however suggest that 1.8 mbps up is the best I can expect on this line.  Undecided
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I agree. I think, from memory that if a DLM change is made on either the downstream or upstream, it has to apply some form of banding across the board instead of just on the downstream, for example.
The 'Super Stable' is there to get DLM to take action quicker, I've removed it now anyhow as I don't think there'll be a need for it, it was just for the first few days that I wanted to keep an eye out for.
npr
Pro

Quote from: Chris

The 'Super Stable' is there to get DLM to take action quicker,

Right, I misunderstood.
I thought "Super Stable" immediately turned on interleaving.
You previously suggested getting BT to try another D-side line -- are you still up for that?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Ahh, I can understand the confusion.
Standard, Stable and Super Stable hold different trigger values for the DLM to react.
I'm happy to try, it's going to be a tough ask, purely because the tests are passing now and they were failing before but happy to try?
npr
Pro

OK, I'll settle for this and see how it goes.
Thanks for all your help Chris.
Regards
Nigel
PS
Just remembered, there is still a fault, the BT guy couldn't get his meter to sync even though my modems got a improved speed.  Undecided
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No worries.
Hmm that could potentially be an issue with the meter itself or due to the fact that a DLM Reset had recently being carried out.