Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ticket 79297668 -02jan14 - fault noise on line remove OR modem and its clear

supersports12
Dabbler

ticket 79297668 -02jan14 - fault noise on line remove OR modem and its clear

Hi
the above ticket has been outstanding since the 2nd jan ( i did post a msg on here previously) hoping one of the digital care teams would pick it up, so i can get this resolved as getting quite frustrating now
i have Plusnet for my voice service and fibre, I still have significant noise on my line, which disappears when i disconnect the open reach fibre modem - when i do that the voice line is absolutely silent, 
BT engineer came last week (SFI) after the previous No Show - and after checking the NT5 etc said he found a fault on my line outside the house, in a small cab next to the pole, - the line was silent when he later tested it - but it now transpires he probably didnt have my OR modem plugged in ! Which i think may be the source of noise breakthrough
In summary i have checked the follwoing
retested with a different router,  no different - extreme noise on line
retested with a new BT VDSL faceplate - no different - extreme  noise on line
retested with additional filters - no different - extreme noise on line
retested with new DECT phone, new PSU and new cable - no different - extreme noise on the line
retested with new CAT 5 cable from OR modem to router - no different - extreme noise on the line
i have no other wiring behind the face plate, and wirin was check by BT SFI man and said fine, same with the faceplate
previously, my line was great for two yrs , until the start of Jan when it went all pete tong...

it now appears that the fault is related to OR / plusnet  equipment somewhere -  but not crucially my equipment...
any help from the digital care team would  be gratefully received, could somebody bump this up to be resolved now
ps - i understand i also may be entitled to a compensation payment for a previous No BT OR engineer no show, how do i get that processed with plus net ?
thanks

8 REPLIES 8
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: ticket 79297668 -02jan14 - fault noise on line remove OR modem and its clear

Hi there, sorry to hear about the fault. I can see you've talked to a member of our support team and they've passed the ticket back to faults with the information above, our faults team will get another appointment booked to get an engineer out with a replacement.
Happy to look at a goodwill gesture for the fault but we'd rather do that once it's resolved if that's okay with you?
supersports12
Dabbler

Re: ticket 79297668 -02jan14 - fault noise on line remove OR modem and its clear

Hi Matt
thats fine - you sort my fault and i am more than happy to donate it to charity once the fault is resolved
have now tried a replacement modem cable between the OR modem and the VDSL faceplate - made no difference, so i am out of ideas...
rds
d
supersports12
Dabbler

ok - have now borrowed a working  OR modem and RJ11 cable and  theres still noise in the background, so im out of ideas here ,
over  to you plusnet, - this is a line or exchange fault somewhere, not a problem on customer side equipment
regards
D
supersports12
Dabbler

Today i have noise on the Plusnet supplied voice line again, connected directly to the back of the master socket,  OR fibre modem turned off and theres still  crackling an hissing on the line, if i make a call it seems to clear for a while then returns,
I have an outstanding ticket, so can i get both faults actioned at once, as the underlying cause is the OR line somewhere...my original call was for a voice fault on the second of Jan...i suspect a HR fault, as we had the same issue 3 yrs ago. line as been perfect up to xmas....
deathtrap
Grafter

t sounds like a HR somewhere , If you reported as a PSTN fault  they should be able to find and repair it , their test equipment should detect it, or plusnet should be able to run a CIDT test http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/products/.../R1700.../cidt.doc‎ which may detect  the fault and where it is
supersports12
Dabbler

one mth old now:)
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

I can see that the fault is back with our Faults Team now with all the information they need.
They will be in touch shortly with a further update.
supersports12
Dabbler

thanks chris
Smiley