cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

thomson router to finlux smart tv issue

hodge2007

thomson router to finlux smart tv issue

hi i have the Thomson TG585 v8 router and have just bought a Finlux 32F8030-T tv, i am having trouble pairing them through wifi, the tv sees the router, but when i put my password in it says connecting then flashes up disconnected. any idea? what is clear the button on the front of the router for? any help would be great thanks.
6 REPLIES 6
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Re: thomson router to finlux smart tv issue

Double check your password, any zero's will have a slash through them, and it is case sensitive.
hodge2007

hi, i have done that, and it is correct, 2 iphones and 2 laptops and my xbox are all connected to the wifi, so am wondering if its something to do with the tv?
HairyMcbiker
All Star

Might be protection type, do you have wpa with tpk/aes or just aes?
hodge2007

do i have what? Shocked Undecided
HairyMcbiker
All Star

In the wifi settings there are different types of authentication, tpk+aes it he commonest with wpa.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

so am wondering if its something to do with the tv?

Quite probably, there not being much ( if any information about the wireless ( dongle? ) fitted its difficult to suggest what might be the problem but given the sort of problems sometimes seen with other wireless adaptors the following are worth trying:
Temporarily, set the wireless security on the router to None and see if the TV can connect , that will prove if the wireless adaptor works at all. Do NOT ( repeat NOT ) leave the router in this state, you must put security back to WPA at least ( see below ) , whatever happens. If that doesn't work the wireless on the TV is not working at all.
If above works then try combinations of:-
Changing security to WPA only.
Changing the SSID on the router to something simpler than the default ( say 8 alpha characters ).
Changing the password to something simpler than the default ( say 8 alpha characters )
Hopefully one of those will work.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.