cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

thompson gateway and wireless connection probs

suef1965
Dabbler

thompson gateway and wireless connection probs

on my router settings there is TCP/IP Configuration one says use  DHCP server which is ticked and un ticked is Auto IP enabled what would happen if i changed settings to auto IP enabled and not use DHCP? The thing is I have been having problems with other wireless equipment eg: a wireless phone and also a psp player which is wireless but they will not connect even though the equipment will find the plusnet wireless router. With psp i just get message saying a connection error has occured. A connection to access point could not be established. Check security settings for the network and please try again, but i dont know what settings to change or where they are, can anyone help please  Smiley
1 REPLY 1
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: thompson gateway and wireless connection probs

Hi suef,
Has the thread here: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,100868.16.html helped at all?
Regarding your queries, the DHCP server is best left as is though it might be worth trying the Auto IP enabled option ticked. If that doesn't work please check the 'wireless security' section in the router and make sure you're entering the passcode correctly in the device you want to connect, if you definitely are then please try changing the wireless security mode (to 'WPA' if it's available) and see if that makes any difference?