cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

things that effect SNR

scootie
Grafter

things that effect SNR

hopefully the king of adsl is'nt busy eating burgers and can clear this one up for me Grin
You've most likely come across a post or two of mine about my xbox affecting my snr in the past
just wanting to know if the below effect on my snr is bettter for it to being raising than falling and leaving my xbox setup so its allways like this  would benfit my snr in the long run.
As its stands my xbox is pluged in with power brick powered up  but not switched on if i pull the ethernt cable from the router the snr will drop back down again. so its only when the cable is plugged into the router that its effecting my snr
5 REPLIES 5
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: things that effect SNR

Are you speaking to me young whippersnapper? Grin Grin (Only joking Wink ) I'll just take a moment to look at this!
Anotherone
Champion

Tell me if I've read this right, the X-box ethernet is plugged in at the moment and the snrm is about 8.6dB, when you unplug it it goes to about 7.9dB? If so, leave it plugged in, more margin the bettter, but it depends on how far things drop after dark. If they don't go low enought, it won't really matter.
Edit: Hurry up then, can't wait here all day  Wink
scootie
Grafter

yep thats right.
and what i was thinking that it was better for it to up snr and stay there.
last night my snr didnt drop at all it stayed at day time levels still abit up and down but stayed within day time level.
check here reply 6 for last nights snr http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,75667.0.html be warned it takes you to the 21cn trial section and i dont want you to melt away. i take it i am right in thinking you avoid the 21cn section at the moment mr bell on the grounds of your exchange being left out in the dark on a wbc upgraded
Anotherone
Champion

Don't avoid it, don't have time to read it all, but I'll look later especially for you. Smiley
scootie
Grafter

Edit: Hurry up then, can't wait hear all day 

sorry forgot burger king opens about now in your town Grin