cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the worst service ever

ally

the worst service ever

In the 3 weeks that i have been with plusnet i have found there service to be very poor ever time you ask a question it takes approx 3+ hours for a reply then the reply is incorrect or fails to answer the question, then you respond again and wait for a few hours more to pass and so on. This will be my first and last contract with plusnet roll on 11 months time.
20 REPLIES 20
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: the worst service ever

I'm sorry (and quite surprised) to hear that.
Is there a particular issue that I might be able to help you with? If you're struggling with a particular ticket dialogue then I'd be happy to push things in the right direction for you.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Why are you going to wait 11 months?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Santiago
Grafter

Quote from: ally
....ever time you ask a question it takes approx 3+ hours for a reply then the reply is incrrect or fails to answer the question, then you respond again and wait foe a few our more to pass and so on.

Yes I know what you mean, drives you crazy that doesn't it. You could call teletubbies meadows customer services and ask for help over the phone.
However rather than wait 11 months (I presume until your contract finishes) why don't your ask your questions on the forum. There are a lot of knowledgeable people on here, including PlusNet staff like Bob, who could help you. Fire away.....
puddy
Grafter

Quote from: Bob
I'm sorry (and quite surprised) to hear that.

I am not my last 2 tickets took over a month to be resolved
Most of the time I was bounced a round between customer service staff members
puddy
=jillweekes account
mbeenham
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I was disappointed with service over the weekend:
Sad
When my phone went down (no dialtone on master socket) I called on my mobile and raised a ticket.
Seven hours later and no update so asked if please could I have a divert to Mobile and SMS updates.
Six hours later again no update so expensive call on mobile while kept on hold waiting and told "shortage of staff I will be called back on mobile within the hour"
Angry
Got a SMS message within the hour saying fault had now been logged with BT.
Incoming transferred to mobile.
Smiley
When I had my phone service with BT the transfer of line to mobile and SMS updates were instantaneous when the line went down.
Seems to me that the procedures need tightening up at PN - 14 hours from report of fault to getting line switched to mobile is too long...
However BT were on the ball - round at 8:15 this morning and had to do a bit of tree pruning  and replace the last leg of the overhead wire.
Full marks to BT for a quick response! All up and working again.
Kiss
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser

I phoned up this morning with a problem I found with my broadband.  Was on the phone just less than a minute, and was all sorted by a very friendly and knowledgable guy.
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

VileReynard
Hero

If I was to switch my phone to Plusnet and this encountered problems, would it be possible to switch back to BT?
What penalties (if any) would be incurred?
This is the main reason I stay with BT.
The phone has failed only once in recent years - and it was fixed within the day, I was offered mobile divert as soon as it was reported.
BTW - my broadband still worked over the failed phone line.
Since service is so important with a phone, I've deferred moving.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

paulby
Grafter

Since service is so important with a phone

That was my main reason for leaving BT!!  They took SIX WEEKS to resolve a simple problem with my phone - I was chucked from one customer service dept. to another each claiming that I had got through to the wrong department.  Not once was 150/151 answered in less than 1 hour ("We are very busy at the moment and you'll have to wait" - even at 8am!!!).
PN, on the other hand, answer telephony related fault calls quickly - see this post
Your fault will still be repaired by Openreach. BT Retail - who currently bill you for your phone service - and PN both use Openreach's network and engineers and access them in the same way (this is an Ofcom requirement)
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Quote from: mbeenham
When my phone went down (no dialtone on master socket) I called on my mobile and raised a ticket.
Seven hours later and no update so asked if please could I have a divert to Mobile and SMS updates.

I've just had a gander over your account and TBH can't really see how we could have done this much quicker. The original ticket was raised at 1am on Sunday morning, we picked it up as soon as a fault agent was able to over the weekend and contacted BT asap. I appreciate this wasn't until early afternoon, however this wouldn't have made a great impact on the time to fix as there were some issues with the eCo Repair system used to raise home phone faults too Sad
Six hours later again no update so expensive call on mobile while kept on hold waiting and told "shortage of staff I will be called back on mobile within the hour"

Did you dial the 0114 number as this should be cheaper than the 0845 from a mobile?
Full marks to BT for a quick response! All up and working again.
Kiss

Good to hear that it's back up and working.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend

Quote from: puddy
my last 2 tickets took over a month to be resolved
Most of the time I was bounced a round between customer service staff members

Hi Puddy,
To be fair we were having to wait and chase a 3rd party to resolve your tickets, while I appreciate that it is us that provide your service, in some instances this can unfortunately happen. Sad
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend

This will be my first and last contract with plusnet roll on 11 months time.

I've looked over the responses you received and I completely agree that they were not up to standard, I've passed the details of them on to the agents line managers.
Please don't hesitate to ask myself or any other member of comms if you have any queries we can help with.
mbeenham
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Chris

I've just had a gander over your account and TBH can't really see how we could have done this much quicker. The original ticket was raised at 1am on Sunday morning, we picked it up as soon as a fault agent was able to over the weekend and contacted BT asap. I appreciate this wasn't until early afternoon, however this wouldn't have made a great impact on the time to fix as there were some issues with the eCo Repair system used to raise home phone faults too Sad

Chris - many thanks for your response.
I'm sure that PN could have put a divert in place quicker than 14 hours and it should not have needed two chases by me for it to happen.
We are talking here about the complete loss of voice and crippling of broadband services.
I would rate this as a major issue and if it takes support staff 14 hours to progress a major issue I would hate to have a minor one!
I waited until 8am Sunday to progress when I thought the day shift would be on and hopefully a low call rate.
No response.
I used the 0114 number naturally - several times I held but had to give up. To be on hold listening to MUSAK or someone burbling about the benefits of PN Home Phone while my credit ticks away does not do much to improve my humour!
I fully accept that Openreach would not have been able to turn up sooner than 8am Monday morning but had my call been actioned in a timely manner I wouldn't have missed several important incoming calls.
The thing that really irks is getting half of the mushroom treatment - being kept in the dark without the benefit of being shovelled any - fertiliser!
Cheesy
Regards,
Martin
puddy
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
To be fair we were having to wait and chase a 3rd party to resolve your tickets, while I appreciate that it is us that provide your service, in some instances this can unfortunately happen. Sad

That’s not true
I had to inform Gradwell myself and they confirmed plusnet had not contacted them about the problem (siemens 450/460).
As for the sip2 or sip settings on broadband phone I had to tell your customers how to the fix it and yes again you did not inform the 3rd about this issue and your CS dept briefed against me saying it would not work

puddy
ctech500
Grafter

In the 3 weeks that i have been with plusnet i have found there service to be very poor ever time you ask a question it takes approx 3+ hours

I understand your frustration but some issues can not be resolved straight away esp. if it involves a 3rd party.
On the whole my queries are dealt with quickly by PN
Compared to some organisation I have to say that 3 hours is good. I once emailed Plusnet's parent company and got a reply 3 Months later others have not even bothered  to reply