cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tg582n router port forwarding for cctv settings needed please

erectorvision

tg582n router port forwarding for cctv settings needed please

hi chaps  and ladies ive got a tg582n router and connect by eathernet cable my cctv system which is a prokam 8channel cctv
and i need help getting the port  settings so i can view my cctv from my android phone ,, ive spent 6 hours now and cant solve it
any one had this problem ??  cheers pete in doncaster  Cry
11 REPLIES 11
erectorvision

Re: tg582n router port forwarding for cctv settings needed please

come on guys some one must be able to help me Huh Cry
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Doesn't the user guide that should have come with the recorder give any instructions for setting up wireless access?
David
erectorvision

Hi there it does, but doesn't show plus net router settings so a load of rubbish ,,company i got it from are terrible left them megga bad feedback on ebay too not very helpfull , plus net not very helpfull either contract up this month going to change and go back to Orange  Embarrassed
[Moderator's note by Dick(Strat) All caps post edited as per forum rule.
steveuk
Grafter

So is it help with forwarding the ports in the router you need or is it the phone that is having problems picking up the video signal from the CCTV?
I can help with the port stuff but dunno about the phone side of it.
Capvermell
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I think its fairly obvious the OP needs help with the port forwarding aspects of the router.
steveuk
Grafter

Yeah i get that but have little info to go on, Would help if the ports that are needed to be forwarded were mentioned.
As for the router settings, Well i have the same router i think but an o2 version but i am guessing the layout is allmost the same as plusnets.
Get into the router and click on ToolBox then Click on Port Forwarding, Once its loaded the page click on >Create a new port forward.
On the next page that comes up enter a name for the new port forward so for an example we will call this CCTV once done click on the Manual Entry of Port Maps option and then click next.
On this next page is where you then enter the ports that your CCTV uses, Your book that came with the CCTV should tell you what ports you need to use.
erectorvision

hi guys ive go port numbers 80 and 9000 but cant tell which boxes they go in it dosent explain in english clearly enough ,, someones told me a need a static ip address Huh ,, when my phone is on wifi in the house i can pick up the camera but not on 3g or some one else wifi why does it have to be complicated ,, im a telly engineer for 22yrs so i know a little about setting things up but this has beaten  me  Embarrassed
any more info will be much appreciated dont mind even calling some one for advice lol  ,, pete in doncaster
steveuk
Grafter

This is how i would do it http://img.techpowerup.org/130212/Untitled.png hope it helps.
I know it says o2 but i am 99% sure the layout will be the same on the plusnet router as its the same router.
erectorvision

cheers ,,do i still need a static ip address thou ??  Cheesy
steveuk
Grafter

Thats one thing i can't tell you about as its not something i have ever needed to do.
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: erectorvision
do i still need a static ip address thou ??   Cheesy

The CCTV system needs to always have the same address on your LAN as that's how the port forwarding rule works.  Use the CCTV GUI to set the IP address to something outside the router DHCP range (The router IP should be used as the gateway and DNS server - Subnet mask will be 255.255.255.0)
In order to find your system form outside you can either request the static IP option so that your WAN connection always has the same IP address or ge an account with a dynamic DNS provider so that you can contact your system using a domain name that gets updated when your WAN address changes.
Also, when testing with your phone, make sure that wifi is turned off so you're connecting via 3G so that the phone is communicating via the Internet rather than your internal LAN.