cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tg582n - can't access my flash drive connected via ftp

alex971

tg582n - can't access my flash drive connected via ftp

Hi,
hopefully you had similar problem before and you'll be able to help.
I have connected my flash drive to tg582n. I have enabled the ftp server, I have a server address but when I try to connect to it from friends house of from office I get the following error:
'the folder ftp://alex@146.xx.xxx.xxx is read-only because the proxy server is not set up to allow full access'.
How do I change the proxy server?

Many thanks
4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: tg582n - can't access my flash drive connected via ftp

Hi there,
I'm just going to bring this to the attention of our products team to get some advice on this.
EDIT: First couple of things we need to check that might be causing this problem: is the drive formatted to FAT32? the router won't read NTFS
Also is there a lot of data on the drive? The router indexes the file structure each time you connect the drive so it for example it is a flash HD with say a back up of a drive from a PC then that might be an issue but a USB memory stick with a few files on there should be fine.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
alex971

Hi Adam,
Thank you for your assistance.
I can confirm the flash drive is FAT32 formatted.  Over 80% of the drive is free.
Additional info that might be helpful to the products team.
When I am at home:
- I can access (read/write) the flash drive when I am at home both when connected via ethernet cable and wireless.
- I can see the flash drive if I ping it and if I just look for it under shared resources.
Many thanks
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

According to a PDF manual, you have to "Under List of connected disks, click the radio button next to the partition to make it managed." That should create a folder named "Shared" which will be accessible by FTP.
alex971

Thanks ejs. It did work.
Alex