Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

terrible speeds tonight ???

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: terrible speeds tonight ???

The only info we seem to have from BT is the Glasgow exchange problem, I'll keep an eye out for anything else popping up.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
zubel
Community Veteran

I've been reading the various thread on TBB and it seems to point towards a BT capacity issue.
Although we treat the link between your router and PN as a single hop, it actually passes over BT's national ATM network to arrive at Plusnet's gateways.
From what incidental information that seems to be available, it looks like there was a capacity issue between Edinburgh and "Further South (tm)".  Edinburgh acts as one of the regional aggregation points for the BT network, particularly servicing Scotland (although the very north of England is also included).  Clicky  shows a nice picture.
As the issue seems to be on BT's network, it would have affected all ISP's that aren't LLU'ed, (although I suppose if there are LLU operators that purchase backhaul from BT across their network, then they could have been affected too)
I doubt BT will ever acknowledge the problem, but we can live in hope Wink
B.
MikeWhitehead
Grafter

Who knows which mine gets passed through, I'm directly (more or less) in the middle of Glasgow and Edinburgh Tongue
Thanks everyone for the information. I'm not a user of any of the other forums, so don't tend to see any information on faults anywhere other than here.
James
Grafter

I'd say it's pretty unlikely that we hear anything further.