Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

terrable slow speeds

Finnigan
Grafter

terrable slow speeds

Hi there
              Looking for some help about very slow speeds every evening from 4pm to 1am in the morning, getting disconnects from online gaming almost every night for no reason ive tried 8 different routers 2 engineer visits and long back and forth to support via emails using all types of software e.g Pingplotter,wireshark etc last night my internet dropped to 4mb for no reason 100ms+ to thinkbroadband also got kicked from star trek online about 4 times in about 2hours same thing every night for months and not just from the storm that hit the uk on monday, i have lots of data including pingplotter graphs if yous need to see them ill add the bt speedtester i did last night, I tried phoning support but not prepared to wait 50mins for the run around......Thanks finnigan
3 REPLIES 3
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: terrable slow speeds

Hi Finnigan,
I've taken a look over your line and can see that you should be seeing speeds in the region of 6-6.5Mbps. I can see that your upload is being utilised as the speed tests was being completed. Can you check to ensure that there are no other programs running on your machine that might be causing the slowdown in the first instance?
Your router is connecting to your exchange at nearly 8128Kbps which is the maximum for your line which is why I'm I'm just wanting to ensure it's nothing eating away in the background somewhere Smiley
Finnigan
Grafter

Hi chris
              Thank you for getting back to me so quickly, and the reply to anything running on the back ground is no i have no P2P software on my pc at all for downloading all i do is browse the net and play online games with my friends iam lucky if i use about 5-10gig a month on the 60gig alowance with this package iam on atm, If you need an more info please contact me....Finnigan
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Thanks for the information.
It's probably going to be worth you filling and completing the Broadband Fault Checker at http://faults.plus.net so that our Faults Team can have a closer look at the line for you.