cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

telnet command to disable broadband

flowersm

telnet command to disable broadband

I have a TG582n that I just want to use as a router and wifi (the broadband is delivered by another modem). I have disabled dhcp but the modem is constantly searching for the broadband how can I disable this? I have looked through the menu when logged into telnet and also the 864 pages of the CLI but in neither can I find what I am looking for. I am sure it is just my lack of knowledge of the correct terminology, can anyone help please or point me to the correct post? I have searched google and the forum for an hour without success so must be looking for the wrong terms.
5 REPLIES 5
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: telnet command to disable broadband

Don't see the point, it shouldn't hurt leaving the atm interfaces attached.
You could experiment with these:
ppp flush
ppp relay flush
atm flush
atm phonebook flush
Backup you user.ini file fist though Wink
I assume this is what your doing:
http://npr.me.uk/together.html
flowersm

Thank you for your rapid reply yes the link you have included is what I have already set up and is working. I just assumed that as the modem broadband led is still flashing on and off, that it is constantly hunting for a broadband connection and that it would help to stop it looking. So I assumed there was a service that I can disable. I have now executed the commands and can see that the modem no longer has the connection details but the broadband led is still flashing on and off. Is it possible to stop it or is that irrelevant?
npr
Pro

I would have thought the "atm flush" command would have stopped that.
But I don't have a spare router at present to check it out.
If it's just the lights which are bothering you, those can be disabled -- see the telnet page of that site Wink
flowersm

thank you very much that page (http://npr.me.uk/telnet.html) was exactly what I was looking for, it is a lot easier to understand than the router CLI document. I think I have got everything off now. I will leave the light flashing as the only other option seems to be to switch them all off. Does "system qual led value="    allow individual led's to be switched off? If so what is the broadband light named as? I tried obvious values without success.
npr
Pro

Sorry, there's no parameters to control individual lights.
The reported list of options are:
[blue|green|red|orange|flash|off|allon|
alloff|allblue|allgreen|allred|unlock]
That doesn't mean they will all work on this model router Wink