cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

technicolor tg582n router update

dazzler1

technicolor tg582n router update

Hi

I'm having an issue visiting a two websites, they both show err timeout or time out site cant be reached.

The websites open on all other devices, they open on other networks and browsers, only through plusnet are they not working.  I was advised that I needed a new router by plusnet after being asked to reset it and was asked to take a new contract to get a free router or to pay £46 for a new one.  

Surely my router cannot be faulty - could it not be a setting somewhere needing adjusted to allow these websites to open.  The ping latency was checked - all okay.   Cleared cache, cookies etc.  Tried two difference browsers all not working.  I can view the websites at home using mobile and ipad (not through wi-fi).

Anyone have any tips on how to fix?

2 REPLIES 2
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: technicolor tg582n router update

It is very unlikely to be the router if you are able to reach other websites.

There have been quite a few reports of people having issues with their IP address. If you Google whats my ip it will tell you, ones starting with 51 seem to the most troublesome.

dazzler1

Re: technicolor tg582n router update

Thanks for your reply.  My IP does not start with 51.

I've just tried plusnet again and have got a different story this time - this time I was advised that it was unlikely that the router was faulty BUT it will take 3 days to look into.   

If the person I had spoke with this morning had a clue and started the same process I would have been a bit further along.